Thread: Savage ML 10 II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grizzly2279

Savage ML 10 II

I was just wondering if any of you guys own one of the Savage ML 10 II Muzzleloaders. I hear that you use smokeless powder in them. I am just curious how well they shoot compared to other muzzleloaders. It seems to me that smokeless powder would be a great compared to black powder or pyrodex.

Basic Member
    I have had one for years. It shoots 1.5-2" groups at 100 yds easily. I always shoot smokeless, VV 110 usually with 300 gr. Hornady. Am getting 2200+ fps. It is a Hammer
    Last edited by huntted; 10-06-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Team Savage
    A Savage ML 10II with the right smokeless load combination will gives you an effective range of 300 yards on deer size game. Something you won't get with pyrodex or other black powder substitutes. And not having to clean your gun after every use makes it that much better.

Grizzly2279
    I have been a gun dealer for 3 years now and for some reason I never knew that they made such a gun. But then again I have never really been into shooting muzzleloaders. I may have to start muzzleloader hunting again!

Basic Member
    You will love it. Check out the Randy Wakeman via web search or somewhere on this site. He is the guru.

possume22
    chuckhawks and Doug's Message Board is another good place to search ... Other muzzleloaders dont compare to a savage with the right load and cost way less to shoot using smokeless if its not legal to hunt with smokeless in your state you can shoot pyrodex black powder 209 in a savage also its also nice not having to clean all the time i clean once a year

If you find a 1 series, you have a M/L that was built off the 110 action and was to easier to convert back to a centerfire rifle so the ATF made them redesign them and the II came out to make the ATF happier.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

cfvickers
    Mine is a 1 series, or just the 10ML

cfvickers
    Mine consistently shoots 3/4 inch groups with a rather unconventional load (low pressure lighter bullet, and different sabot mild load) Wakeman says there is no way it will work. But I get 2300 fps from a 225 grain bullet and 3/4 inch or less groups at 100 yards. yes they generally shoot well.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.