Up at 4 am, out to spot at 5am, hiked in 1/3 mile & waited for daylight @ 6am-ish & praying I would not spook/jump any Antelope on the way in.
Daybreak I hike another 1/4 mile and saying to myself I know that buck is out here with his does and decide to go to the other side of the bottom land/arroyo and closer to I25 thats next to this State land Im on.
Sure enough as my noggin breaks over the crest and 300ys in line w/me an antelope is looking down me. DANG...I drop and back up, then belly crawl 30' to the crest...still there, but in my scope its not the 13" Ive been spotting the last month, BUT I never look a gift horse in the mouth and just prayed I would see a buck.
It trots into the gully as I took it off safe...Dang it.
Now about 3/4 mile off I see 2 orange vests working the fence lines on high ground & say they aint getting it!
I get up and cut into the gully trying to get around it & see it in the dark side of the creek bed. I drop & go to shoot & it trots up the other side SO I throw a bark at it like I do to stop a coyote & it stops. BOOM I let the 85g SGKHP bullet fly out of my 6x45 and hear it hit with a hard WHAPPP.
Bullet hit a further behind the shoulder as it moved on the shot and it went through the body at an angle and I found the bullet under the hide on his left flank. 78.6 retention. Its 225 yds to him.
It trots maybe 20 yards and drops...PERFECT morning and its 648 am.