Thread: Been a ALL Savage season

BigHorn

Been a ALL Savage season

Been using a factory Savage 112 BVSS (now in a factory VLP stock) in 6.5x284 using the 140 Berger Hunting VLD. As things worked out it was used by 3 family members on 4 animals so far this season.

4th animal was harvested today. A mature Pronghorn doe at 686yds after I missed another at 930 due to poor wind doping.

Earlier this month, my older daughter and I had a two-fer (she shoots a buck at 410 and I take the rifle, work the bolt on the run and whack a doe at 325) on Pronghorn. Both where flatten at the shot. Sorry no camera.

On the 14th my Wife and I where hunting a unit that closes on the 14th. Has seen alot of hunting this season, but was FULL of muledeer. We seen a few small guys. Saw a whooper fork horn. We set up him at 733yds.....ranged him again, as I am getting ready it moves off. We watch for a few minutes to see what will develop. 10 or so minutes we decide to make a move on him. While packing up our junk (amazing how now-a-days we have to have a pile of trappings to kill a friggin' deer) ........... I got the pack, rangefinder, big spotter bino's.....wife has the rifle ........ and out of the canyon at our feet boils up a Mule deer buck. Not the biggest but in a heavy hunted public area ...... I can see he is a 4 or 5 yr old, see horns with some mass ...... tell wife to get on him ..... I yell, he stops at under 300, she shoots. Takes the shot center of ribs angling forward, exits in front of off shoulder. He makes it maybe 50yds. 2 hours to get him up to the truck.

BigHorn
    refresh me on how to post pics

HOYTPRO2001

Been a ALL Savage season

Good job and I need help with pics also

M.O.A.
    do you guys have a photobucket

if so you upload pic to it then you can upload to here.

if you have it uploaded to your photobucket then you right click on pic a screen will show up with URLs click on the bottom one then come back to this forum and quick reply right click and click paste and you have a pic

M.O.A.
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...posting+photos

here is the guide to pic posting ;-}