I'm getting my new Stevens 308 set up for hunting and just measured the trigger pull. Six pounds with plenty of creep. Yikes. I was going to wait until after hunting season for the new trigger but I'm reconsidering.

So in doing plenty of research I've discovered a few things.
1. You don't hone the trigger because it's sintered metal.
2. The new Stevens triggers are like the axis in design. I have verified this myself after reading it. I don't know if this affects the aftermarket triggers that were made for the "old" style Savage triggers.
3. I will have to buy an aftermarket trigger in order to be satisfied.

I like my hunting triggers to be somewhere between 2.5 and 3.0 lbs. I once had a gun that had a 4 lb. trigger but broke very, very clean. It was OK for me, but if I had the ability, I would rather it be down to around 3 lbs. and no less than 2.5 lbs. The most important thing for me is NO CREEP. Seriously, the highest priority for me is a clean break. My Rem 700 breaks at about 2.75 lbs. and it is plenty light enough for me.

From what I can tell, my practical options are SSS, Timney and Rifle Basix; not necessarily in that order. I have read both positive and negative feedback about all, but no technical reasons for any of it. SSS might not be available, at least not until the middle of October.

Given all this, what would you recommend for the nicest and safest?