Thread: Savage 111 Package Deal..did I get a good deal?

Ridge Runner

Savage 111 Package Deal..did I get a good deal?

Bought a Savage 111 in 30-06 with scope NIB for $305 with the in-store discounts and a $10 coupon. What brand scope is typically with the package? It is unmarked - Simmons? Bushnell?

Are the scopes respectable or typically junk on these?

Synthetic stock, blued and no Accu-trigger or Accu-stock.

Is that a good deal in your part of the woods? It sure seemed like one to me, but I was just curious.

Thank you for any info.

Basic Member
    Yes. My 30-06 Stevens 200, box of ammo, beef jerky and it cost me 314.00.

So yes. I like your deal, alot. I then had to purchase a scope, mounts, rings. Granted the stuff I bought was pretty good quality. As long as your stock doesn't hit the barrel like mine does I'd be well pleased with that deal. And I think many others here would feel the same way.

Some think the scopes are fine, some think they are crap. For me a 0-300yd hunter it'd serve me fine and dandy as I don't need to shoot .5moa in order to be happy or successful. I just need it not to break, and to hold zero.
    Last edited by MaDa; 10-01-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Couple rf's, couple cf's, and 1 12g.

Everything I once held dear
    I count it all as lost

M.O.A.
    Yap great deal for me the Scopes are junk but if and I mean if it holds zero than use it. By the way there Bushnell banners I do believe

brasse
    Where did you get the 111? I want one at that price.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
    Bought a Savage 111 in 30-06 with scope NIB for $305 with the in-store discounts and a $10 coupon. What brand scope is typically with the package? It is unmarked - Simmons? Bushnell?

Are the scopes respectable or typically junk on these?

Synthetic stock, blued and no Accu-trigger or Accu-stock.

Is that a good deal in your part of the woods? It sure seemed like one to me, but I was just curious.

Thank you for any info.

In my part of the woods, a NIB stevens 200 will run you 249. I recently (like last month recent) bout a savage 110, no scope (could have had a sportsview for an extra 50), wood stock, non accutrigger for 300. It was used, but I dont think more than a couple of boxes had been put through it. It did have bases at least.

Ridge Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by brasse View Post
    Where did you get the 111? I want one at that price.
    Dick's Sporting goods.

Price $379
    In store Discount -$25 off firearms priced over $300
    If you opened a credit card with them you got 10% off (I will toss the CC when I get it)
    I had a $10 coupon
    With my point system based on the purchase I will get a $20 rebate to Dicks to buy ammo.

Comes out to $305

Quote Originally Posted by M.O.A. View Post
    Yap great deal for me the Scopes are junk but if and I mean if it holds zero than use it. By the way there Bushnell banners I do believe
    No, they are NOT Bushnell Banners. The Bushnell scopes are basically the same ones you can buy at Wal-Mart in a $30 blister package. Think Bushy called them the Sportsman series or something like that, but they're basically worthless.

Banners are actually half-way decent for the money (or at least they were last time I bought one 12-14 years ago).
    Jim B. - Site Administrator
    I run a forum - someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery already

1ShotKing
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    No, they are NOT Bushnell Banners. The Bushnell scopes are basically the same ones you can buy at Wal-Mart in a $30 blister package. Think Bushy called them the Sportsman series or something like that, but they're basically worthless.

Banners are actually half-way decent for the money (or at least they were last time I bought one 12-14 years ago).
    ^This. I work at a Savage dealer and we sell Bushnell. Most customers will swap out their scope right away if it is a package gun, upgrade to a Trophy XLT, Legend, Elite etc. They keep the crappy one for their .22. The Banner is a decent scope. Definitely way better than the package junk. IMO the Legend with the Ultra HD is the best bang for the buck. Very clear glass, and you get rain guard. When sighting in a rifle for a customer I found the adjustments to be accurate, 3rd shot was in the bull.

1ShotKing

M.O.A.
    Well then are the scope that come on the model 93-17 package rifles different because this is what came on mine

Isn't this a banner??? maybe the gun store I bought it at just put there own package guns together? ???

M.O.A.
    P.S. this scope was junk and I have three more some where that are to but they where on slug guns so they took a beating

Rimfires I can't really say for sure as I've never checked any, but I can promise you right now Savage wouldn't have paid to put on Banner scopes at the factory due to the cost. Savage doesn't spend but $10 - maybe $15 on these package scopes. If they cost any more they wouldn't offer them as it would cut into their profit margin for the price point they want to hit.

The original [centerfire] package guns were fitted with el-cheapo scopes made by Simmons, and that remained a constant up until a few years ago when the switch was made to Bushy's. Now we're seeing some Nikon's sneak into the mix with the Trophy Hunter package rifles as Savage is starting to offer a middle grade package rifle for the more discerning hunter.
    Jim B. - Site Administrator
    I run a forum - someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery already

M.O.A.
    Nikon's on package guns that's great even if there the base models it better than any others.

In my part of the woods, a NIB stevens 200 will run you 249.
    even the axis is more than than in my neck of the woods 290.00
    Stevens are 349.00
    where do you live ?
    I may move .
    just kiddin...........
    I love this country