Thread: Stockade Stock Review

BHiggins

Stockade Stock Review

Does anyone on here have any good information or reviews on stockade stocks? I have an old 110 SA that I'm going to re barrel to 22-250 in a Varmint taper and I'm thinking about using a Stockade stock since I need a LA spacing but a wider barrel channel.

Also, does anyone have any other recommendations on a stock that is LA but has a wider barrel channel for a Varmint contour barrel? I'm not wanting a B&C Varminter Because I'm wanting this to be a lighter hunting rifle.

I have a Stockade benchrest stock, they are good stocks. But the delivery time was about 6 months. Boyds or Stockys might have what you need.

Basic Member
    For the LA I can speak to the MDT LSS-XL chassis. It's very lightweight but kind of pricey when you get into adding your AR style stock to it. My rifle is outfitted with a Shilen Bull Barrel. Just be sure to by the actual AICS mags instead of the MDT mags. My mag had issues.

Basic Member
    I'll post up some pics and a review when I get mine. I ordered a Stockade Mule Deer for my 110. I was told 24 weeks, it's been 16, I'm getting anxious. I ordered the money saver one that you finish yourself.

I have two stockade elk stalker stocks in LA. great stocks , worth the wait . Jim

BHiggins
    Thank you for all the input. I wondered about the wait time and seeing that they're custom, that makes sense. Thank you!

I waited around a year for my stockade stocks I believe

If i were you I would get a bell and Carlson, hs, or McMillan if they make one for ur action,

Basic Member
    I currently have a Rollover Thumbhold Stockade stock and while the wait was long and a few deadlines were missed, I can say that it is my favorite stock on any rifle I own. Most of my other stocks are McMillian and a few Boyds thrown in. The stock is very comfortable, well built, and matches my setup perfectly. I find myself picking up that gun when venturing to the woods more than the rest for that very reason.

Team Savage
    +1. I have a LA Stockade Hunter. It is hands down my favorite hunting stock for a Savage action. Light weight (30 oz). Excellent recoil management. Narrow flat forearm works well for bench work and load development. I had to sand out the barrel channel to free float a CBI light varmint contour barrel. Current using this stock with a Savage 111 LWH action and FW 280AI barrel. I taped the underside of the FW barrel and used Devcon plastic steel epoxy to rebuild the barrel channel. Used Duracoat (Underbrush) as the base paint to seal the stock. And Krylon webbing paint to add character and texture for a better grip when wet. The long wait is the only downside.

First picture was my Stockade Hunter with standard top bolt release Savage LA and 6.5 x 284 26" CBI LWV barrel. Second picture is the same Stockade Hunter stock with a Savage 111 LWH action and 23" FW 280AI SS barrel. I used Gunkote in satin black on the metal to get the luster black appearance since it also looks great with the factory walnut LWH stock. Combined weight with scope is 8 lbs as pictured with the Stockade Hunter stock and 7.5 lbs with the walnut LWH stock and metal bottom parts vs. original synthetic bottom parts.

Last edited by jpdown; 04-03-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Basic Member
    I called two weeks ago to order a long range bench rest and was told 24-26 weeks. No Bueno. Emailed SSS and was told roughly 6 weeks so my order was placed there for a dog tracker. I just wasn't a big fan of giving an interest free loan to Stockade for 6 + months. 100% due at time of order.

N
    Quote Originally Posted by Maztech89 View Post
    I called two weeks ago to order a long range bench rest and was told 24-26 weeks. No Bueno. Emailed SSS and was told roughly 6 weeks so my order was placed there for a dog tracker. I just wasn't a big fan of giving an interest free loan to Stockade for 6 + months. 100% due at time of order.
    How long did you wait to get your stock from SSS?
    or are you still waiting?