Thread: stocks

M.O.A.

stocks

There is a guy making and selling stocks for your xis or edge rifle I cannot remember his site but if you go to long range hunting forum and search for axis stocks it should come up

Ill try and get the link up here for them.

bobfortier
    If the guy is from Canada and named Bob Fortier, he is sorry to tell you he cannot ship to the states. If it's not him, glad to see someone finally made it.

thomae
    Hi, Bob. Speaking in 3rd person we are?

By the way, If anyone wants to say hello to Bob, here's how to do it correctly:

What I was actually searching for was a compilation of "Hi, Bob" quotes from the Bob Newhart show, but could not find any such animal.

M.O.A.
    Oh sorr bob I didnt really read it just say the thread and remembered people going on about stocks and the lack of

I don't have one so I don't pay much mind to them ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bobfortier View Post
    If the guy is from Canada and named Bob Fortier, he is sorry to tell you he cannot ship to the states. If it's not him, glad to see someone finally made it.
    You keep teasing us--I hope your Molson beer goes skanky! : )

Alright--what kind of equipment and skill does it take to make a wood stock? I'm sick of these tupper-crap stocks--I'd like to give it go.

Elteyr
    I just ordered a stock from: http://www.rifle-stocks.com/tactical.htm , And I have plans to use a modified AR-15 Mag. Catch to use... you guessed it! AR-15 magazines for my .223!

These stocks don't come with the proper floor plate or anything, but I plan on doing the work myself. So I don't plan it being an issue.

Basic Member
    AR-15 mags won't work.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Elteyr
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    AR-15 mags won't work.
    why wouldn't they? I am curious I'd hate to invest the time and money, if it won't work at all.

seanhagerty
    Quote Originally Posted by Elteyr View Post
    I just ordered a stock from: http://www.rifle-stocks.com/tactical.htm , And I have plans to use a modified AR-15 Mag. Catch to use... you guessed it! AR-15 magazines for my .223!

These stocks don't come with the proper floor plate or anything, but I plan on doing the work myself. So I don't plan it being an issue.
    Let me know your plan. I am interested in this myself.

Basic Member
    why wouldn't they? I am curious I'd hate to invest the time and money, if it won't work at all.
    Without getting technical,.... if they worked, everybody and their brother would already be using them.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Here's a hint: When you get the magazine mounted high enough for the bolt to pick up a round you run into an interference problem between the bolt head and the magazine feed lips. All I have handy is a PMag and a Savage CRF bolt head, but it should still show you well enough why it won't work.

As you can see, the shape and size of the bolt head just doesn't lend itself to being able to pick up a round from an AR magazine.
    Jim B. - Site Administrator
    I run a forum - someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery already

M.O.A.
    i dont know the dif. but will a mini 14 mag work ????

Elteyr
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.A. View Post
    i dont know the dif. but will a mini 14 mag work ????
    On my thread, it was suggested to use the mini-14 mag. I am going to try it. :D

Elteyr
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Here's a hint: When you get the magazine mounted high enough for the bolt to pick up a round you run into an interference problem between the bolt head and the magazine feed lips. All I have handy is a PMag and a Savage CRF bolt head, but it should still show you well enough why it won't work.

As you can see, the shape and size of the bolt head just doesn't lend itself to being able to pick up a round from an AR magazine.
    Hey thanks man! You just saved me a bunch of trouble!