Thread: 10FCM Scout rifle Detachable magazine to internal magazine.

kehighfield60

10FCM Scout rifle Detachable magazine to internal magazine.

I have an older savage 10FCM scout rifle that has the older style DBM with the side button drop. I was wondering if there was any way to change this to a internal box style so I can change the stock on it. I'm looking to build on this action and I wanted to put a tactical stock. Thanks for any Input.

Ken

Basic Member

Re: 10FCM Scout rifle Detachable magazine to internal magazine.

You just need a blind magazine and follower. Remove the DBM housing and replace with the blind version.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

kehighfield60

Thanks I was hoping it wasn't going to be some kind of machine work. As far as I know there aren't any aftermarket stocks out there for these with the side button mag drop out there. And I'm thinking of going heavy barrel on my build and I want a better stock. Thanks for the help.

Ken

Basic Member

I will buy the DBM parts if you want to part with them.

kehighfield60

I'm probably going to keep them. But Ill keep you in mind when I do this and decide to get rid of the extra parts.

Ken

Basic Member

Please do. Keep all the parts including the button and recessed shroud from the stock (maybe the stock too) and let me know when you decide. Thanks

My Scout kept dropping the magazine out with every other shot so I swapped out the stock, magazine box and follower from a spare set I had laying around. Works great and was fairly easy. Boog

kehighfield60

I have never had a problem with the mag dropping out on me. I did back when I bought it had the magazine get stuck . At 12 years old I with my stepdad took it to a gunsmith and he had to get it out somehow. I just no longer use it and am wanting to build something out of it. I havent been able to find any aftermarket stocks that fit the detachable box magazine with that style.

Brittus

10FCM Scout Rifle Stock & Magazine

I bought one of the AccuTrigger 10FCMs (.308 only of course then) when Savage started making the scout rifles again.

I love the gun. However I have the flush-mount factory magazine drop out of the bottom of the gun almost every time I fire the gun. Luckily when hunting it has not mattered as this is a 1-shot kill rifle. Savage customer service sent me a new metal-box and told me to go crazy bending the retention tab, which I had already done.

What gives? It's frustrating to think such a fine gun manufacturer has what seems to be the sh*ttiest stamped-metal magazine construction I've seen this side of a Tawianese wind-up kiddy toy from the 1960s, and it's embarassing when anyone sees it at the range when I am trying to help represent this gun!

Will any aftermarket Savage short-action stock work? What parts would I need to make this a captive/well-style magazine?

thanks for listening to a Noob!

Brittus

surfj9009

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter
    You just need a blind magazine and follower. Remove the DBM housing and replace with the blind version.
    Where is the best place to find these parts for a long action?
    I'm in the same boat here with my new-to-me '06.

Along the same lines, what parts do I need if I want to switch to a hinged floorplate model, and a source for those?

This is my first bolt action, and so I am not sure what I prefer yet, but I hate the synthetic stock. I'm in desperate need of getting some wood on this thing.

Im thinking I should just go with a blind, since I heard so many people have problems with the hinged.

Also, sorry to revive the old thread but I've been searching the web for a while and this thread seems to come the closest to discussing my issue.