Thread: Axis accutrigger

Gmac5

Axis accutrigger

My friend made these videos and he said a couple are on you tube,savaxis mac
    i hope this worked, gary

Team Savage
    links Help

thomae
    The videos don't actually tell you how to fit the accutrigger to the axis.

The first link is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oPqVH8rae4

The second link is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brcEm6RE9kM

82boy
    I think I have seen an axis rifle with an accu-trigger in it once. I may even have a picture of it. My understanding is it is a drop in deal.

dacaur
    I dont imagine savage would sell us one for less than a rifle basix or timney....

Gmac5
    Its is a bolt in , the modifications shown somewhere in the videos help to get more adjustment ( pull weight ) .Remove material shown in video from trigger , install and adjust do not cut the spring
    GARY

Gmac5
    DOES ANY BODY KNow where all the accutriggers have gone .
    I should have kept my big mouth shut . No just kidding . I hope some axis owners actually install them. They work !
    And are SAFE

Gmac5
    Just an update, its been a while but a friend wanted me to install his std accutrig into a new axis . There needs to be some grinding done on the axis aluminum trig housing ,when using non precision accutriggers . The ones i call I beam rear ,where the safety adj screw is . Newer precision accutrig. Are basically a drop in.

Basic Member
    The Timney is a bolt in.

thomae
    I installed a standard Accutrigger on my Axis. For me, it was easy. I did not do any grinding to what Savage calls the "Trigger Bracket Assembly" (part 2A in the below diagram), although I did drill a small hole to receive the end of the accu-spring. I did grind off the wide area on the side of the trigger itself to allow it to fit, and I ground down the top area of the trigger where the spring is threaded into the trigger in order to give it a wider adjustment range on the low side. I also used a shim to minimize side to side movement of the trigger.

Interestingly enough, on the Savage website, when I click on 2A in their interactive diagram, it comes up with the following verbage :

TRIGGER BRACKET BLANK (DIE-CAST) - P/N: 107809 $10000.00
    It also states that this component is restricted to gunsmiths. Apparently only rich gunsmiths.

Gmac5
    The basic accutrig I was refering to was what i call the I beam section that was apparently an early version as ive only seen 2 . Just thought some one else mite come across one and force it in.
    Glad it worked out for you,Gary

thomae
    Gary, it did work out thanks to you.

To the other forum members, I forgot to mention, that Gary (user name Gmac5) posted enough information in his various threads to inspire me to make the swap.
    I wish to give credit where credit is due.

Gary, Thanks for sharing what you figured out with the rest of us. I wish I still lived in FL. I'd love to come and visit your machine shop. I have a mini-lathe, but that's it.

Gmac5
    You are welcome . I still wished i lived in pa. Its been a long long time, Hawley, Tafton area.
    Gary

Basic Member
    Gary,
    Ever thought of giving tours of your shop??? I'll buy a ticket.
    jim
    6CM

Gmac5
    Jim , maybe thats why ann upped the liabilty insurance . I GOT TOO MUCH . That should be my new name