Thread: New owner, BSEV Cheek Weld Issues

rob_k

New owner, BSEV Cheek Weld Issues

So, I am a new owner of a savage mark II BSEV. I bought it through Scott Null at savagegunsmithing with his accurizing package, and the thing is literally a tack driver. I was shooting the staples out of the target stands at 25 yards from a shaky bench with walmart ammo on my first outing. I like it a lot. Can't wait to get out to the range and really see what it can do, and find out what ammo it really loves.

So anyway, I have a problem with my cheek weld. The scope is about 1/2" too high to get a good cheek weld with the stock. There is not enough clearence with the scope to get smaller rings. Anyone have an elegant solution for this stock? I love the stock, it is so comfortable. I just wish i could get a better fit on it without strapping some ugly foam pad to it.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Ed Carey
    With out changing the stock, you only options are cheek pads many are on the market find one that does what you want it to, and you'll learn to like it when your groups start shrinking

ED

rob_k
    I'm ok with cheek pads. I was just wondering if anyone found one they particularly liked for this stock. None of the ones I can find locally or on-line look like good fits for the saddle shaped area on the stock for the cheek weld. I don't really want to buy all of them to find a good one if I can narrow my choices to ones others have found to work.