Thread: Target Stock Question?

Basic Member

Target Stock Question?

HEEELLLLPPPP!! This one is killing me... I have a Richards Microfit A Grade Claro Walnut Prone Style Stock that I am finishing up. I have a Stevens 200 action with a 28" McGowen Bull .308 Superior Shooting Systems recoil lug, Farrell Picatinny 20 MOA lug base with a Burris Black Diamond 6-24x50mm on top. I know a lot of people have had problems with their Microfits, but this is my third one and I have had no problems at all with any of them. I have inletted the fore end for a freeland style accessory rail (not as wide as and deeper than the anschutz style). My problem is what do I do with the back end. All of my accessory rail accessories, I machine myself, other than the handstop. I prefer to use the Push button QD swivels -the 1.5 inch ones, for the wider sling. I would like to inlet a swivel pocket into the buttstock, but where? Should I just use a standard swivel stud or the pocket? I would like to have a two point sling but am open to a "cuff" sling, which would not require a rear attachment point. Also, I contemplated putting adjustable hardware on the stock, but I tried the prone, sitting, and offhand positions and with my scope setup my cheek weld felt perfect without it. This will be used for F Class and others, and will be swapped into a B&C Medalist Stock for Tactical Comps. I am open to all ideas; I am going a million different directions with this one and need a little guidance.

Basic Member

Re: Target Stock Question?

I'd put in a push button socket 2" ahead of the toe. Somebody makes a push button socket that will fit into the rail or into the handstop, I can't remember who...maybe Champion's Choice?
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member

Thank you for the reply. That is what I was thinking. Should I flatten out the bottom of the buttstock or keep it rounded and contour it off? I already have the socket issue straightened out for the fore end and accessory rail. It was just the buttstock that has been driving me crazy, not being able to figure out what to do with it.

joseph

The second to last picture is how my socket for the push button swivel is installed in my but stock. Hope this helps???

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=374570&highlight=

joseph