Thread: Model 12 extraction/ejection 22-250 AI

Icefox

Model 12 extraction/ejection 22-250 AI

Had my savage 12 FLVSS reamed out to 22-250 Ackley improved and while the rifle is superbly accurate ive got an issue with the fat improved cases getting stuck by the shoulder/body junction in the bolt raceway or where the raceway ends.
    The corners of the raceway/lug seats manage to bite into the cases causing rather deep scratches and while forcing the bolt or pushing the side of the case lets it get out i need some better solution.
    Live rounds extract perfectly and it seems to me the bullet keeps the shoulders of the case far enough away so they dont touch the corners.

Would there be an issue with filing or rounding off the corners of the raceway/lug seat so they cant bite into the cases or is there some better way to solve this issue?

kslefty
    I had the exact same problem on mine. Filed the sharp edge off just enough to not snag the empty cases and never looked back. I think removing the ejector is the only other reliable fix.

Icefox
    Cheers for that Kslefty i decided to give it a try and smoothed out the sherp edges tiny bit at a time and testing it frequently and after a few minutes i had the action ejecting as it should again.