Thread: F/TR Class Rules and DBM

Basic Member

F/TR Class Rules and DBM

As I understand it you cannot run a DBM on a rifle in F/TR class...I have a Choate Tactical Stock with a CDI DBM and AICS mags...its in .308 and I want to shoot F/TR...is there an insert or follower I can plop into my AICS mags that would allow single shot only as per the rules? Anyone run up against this before? I've been toying with stuffing the 5 round AICS mag with expandable foam (insulation foam from Home Depot) and trimming the excess off to prevent iits use as a mag but still allow single shot loading...still looking to insight from the Savage populace here...

Basic Member
    IS there a solid plastic AICS mag for this?

Leonardo63
    I don't get the rules myself, but as they are, I purchased a single shot BR follower for my 110.

Check out SSS web site I believe he makes and sells an insert for the mags.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

JCalhoun
    Most of the AR & M-1A shooters who do long range leave their magazines in place and load a single round into the top of it. Then they close the bolt as normal.

Basic Member
    there is no rule that i know of stating you can't use a detachable mag in f/tr. There is a rule stating that each round will be single loaded, ie..no rounds in the magazine. Monte is more up on the rules than i am but i belive he will back me up on this or correct me if i am wrong.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member
    AS long as they are cool with me loading singles with a mag in place...now if we could talk some sense into them about Flash Suppressors....

Basic Member
    Flash suppressors, muzzle brakes and sound suppressors i don't think they will change the rules any time soon over. I don't use an AR so i don't know if service rifle has to be flash suppressor free or not.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Don't know about M1As, but most AR shooters use a dedicated single-load 'magazine' for the slow-fire stages - either a regular 20rd mag with a special follower inserted, or a solid block of Delrin machined with a tray to position the round correctly.

I don't think Fred's single-load mag is going to work in an AICS pattern mag system. A while back the people who made the MAK Tube gun chassis offered one, but it seemed unavailable more often than not. Might be worth googling, though.

Flash hiders, such as on an AR-15 A2 or M1A are allowed. Compensators, brakes, or other things that act to divert muzzle blast back towards your fellow competitor and/or reduce recoil (which is why suppressors get nixed also) are not legal on any NRA rifle.

JCalhoun
    It sucks to be shooting next to someone who has a muzzle brake. However, I do like shooting next to silencers though!