Thread: Ureeka !

Ureeka !

As some of you know I was having one heck of a time trying to get a 308 to group, tried everything turned out to be a bad barrel(still waiting on replacement).
    Well I bought and installed a Criterion 1:10 and after many different loads and seating depths I have decided that 42.6 grs. of IMR 4895 seated @ 2.812 for 155smk shoots 0.334-0.337 @ 100 yards, pretty close to one hole just a little oblong. The same charge with 150smk @ 2.782 shot a average 0.456 @ 100 yards,these are all five shot groups, so with any luck they will hold consistant for 200 yards for Saturdays match.
    This has been a one year on/ off indever with stock changes, scope changes, changing the bases,you name it and it was probably done.On a side note I kept the tiger shark stock on it.
    I'll let you kow how it holds for the 200 yard match, but the weather man is already saying rain and breezy for the weekend,but everyone else will be effected by the same weather.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

John_M
    rjt, congratulations on your success. A'int it fun when your rifle shoots where you want it to. Your very small five shot groups indicate the rifle and shooter work well together. Well done!

Hope you do well at the 200 yds. match this rainy and breezy(?) weekend.

Best wishes and good luck.

Basic Member
    It is fun again when things finally come together! ( even though it is a different barrel)
    Good luck this week end
    Jack

Basic Member
    glad you got it worked out