Thread: *REALLY* stupid question on model number.

kevin_stevens

*REALLY* stupid question on model number.

How do I find the exact model number for my new-to-me 116 Alaskan Guide? Does it even have one - this was a special non-catalog limited run done in 2006? I don't have the original box, and the manual is just the generic centerfire manual for that year. Want to know so I can order appropriate parts from Numrich for various little parts (stock screws, escutcheons, etc.).

If not an exact model number, is there a way to match up the barrel, stock, and action to other "real" models to meet the same purpose?

KeS

M.O.A.
    it is model 116 it was made for a store in anchorage alaska they did not make that many of them its in 375 h&h right

Type your serial # into the parts finder on the Savage site, that should bring up your gun.
    As for action screws the local hardware store should have 1/4 x 28 screws and also buy a few nuts, get screws longer than needed then cut,grind or file to fit,at the same time a piece of lamp rod for pillars also need to cut and fit.Escutcheons I haven't seen for sale so you may need to make your own.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

kevin_stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.A. View Post
    it is model 116 it was made for a store in anchorage alaska they did not make that many of them its in 375 h&h right
    Yes - but by model I meant the whole "116FSSXXXX" kind of string that tells you what barrel, stock, action, etc. that's why I say if it was a special run, that model info might not exist. But I doubt they made a special stock or barrel just for those guns, they are the same as something else, and if I could match them up, I'd be in better shape. Something like "that's the standard magnum contour barrel from the 2006 Safari Express, but in stainless; matched with the stock and action from the Weather Warrior". I don't think it's quite that simple, but you get the idea.

KeS

kevin_stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy View Post
    Type your serial # into the parts finder on the Savage site, that should bring up your gun.
    As for action screws the local hardware store should have 1/4 x 28 screws and also buy a few nuts, get screws longer than needed then cut,grind or file to fit,at the same time a piece of lamp rod for pillars also need to cut and fit.Escutcheons I haven't seen for sale so you may need to make your own.
    Aha! Perfect, just what I was looking for! Savage simply calls it a "MOD 116FSS 375 H&H". And the parts list pops. Thanks so much!

In return, there's a guy named Dixon at longriflesinc.com who makes escutcheons.

Thanks again!

KeS

Ha! It's the specific parts list, too!
    "BOLT BODY RH LONG ALASKAN GUIDE - P/N: 106494"
    Last edited by kevin_stevens; 08-29-2012 at 08:15 AM.

KeS two things, 1 you are welcome and 2, remember there are no stupid questions just stupid answers.
    FROGGY

kevin_stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy View Post
    KeS two things, 1 you are welcome and 2, remember there are no stupid questions just stupid answers.
    Well, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask?

KeS

Questions to gain intelligence.
    FROGGY

cgeorgemo
    I've been know to tell my students that the ONLY stupid question they can ask is "Do we need our book today?"

Basic Member
    I was always told the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

kevin_stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by earl39 View Post
    I was always told the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
    Was that in response to a question you asked, or not?

KeS

Basic Member
    If i recall it was a comment made by a teacher many moons ago to the class to get us to ask questions.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)