Thread: QUESTION ABOUT FREDS EVOLUTION TRIGGER AT THE BOTTOM

Horsemen

QUESTION ABOUT FREDS EVOLUTION TRIGGER AT THE BOTTOM

I HAVE A NEW BUILD IN THE PLANING STAGES, AND THE TRIGGER IS NOW MY SUBJECT. MOST OF MY RIFLES HAVE TRIGGER WORK DONE TO THEM TO GET THE PULL TO A CRISP 1LB. EXCEPT FOR THE 12 LVLP, WHICH IS THE GUN FOR THIS PROJECT. THE TRIGGER WAS OK OUT OF THE BOX AT 17 OZ.

I HAVE NEVER TRIED A TRIGGER UNDER 1 LB GIVE OR TAKE 1 OZ OR SO. SO I DON’T KNOW IF A LIGHTER WEIGHT WILL BE A PROBLEM FOR ME. THE CALIBER IS GOING TO BE A 6.5X47L. I WILL BE USING IT FOR TARGET, K9 , AND CAT CONTROL. I HAVE FRED'S COMP TRIGGER ON MY EDGE BUILD, HE ALSO T&T THE ACTION., STILL WEIGHTING PATIENTLY FOR THE STOCK. SO I HAVE NOT TRIED IT UNDER FIRE. ITS SET AROUND 1.1 AND HAS A GOOD FEEL.

IS FRED'S EVOLUTION TRIGGER SET AT 2 OZ.? OR CAN IT BE ADJUSTED IF ONE DOESN'T’T LIKE THE LOW PULL WEIGHT.

MARRY CHRISTMAS MIKE.

Team Savage

Re: QUESTION ABOUT FREDS EVOLUTION TRIGGER AT THE BOTTOM

Please, somebody answer this question.

Bill

dj111

It can be adjusted to a higher pull weight but I do not think it would go much over 8-10oz but I never tried. The one I had seemed to work well around 4-5oz. Give Fred a call, he can give you the answer you are looking for.

Dallas

82boy

Horsemen,
    Please turn you caps lock off, it is universal Internet etiquette. With the caps lock on it gives the impression that you are yelling and it makes it so hard to read.

Fred's Competition trigger goes under 1lbs, they advertise a pull weight of 12oz, On a T&T action they can go lower, mine breaks around 8oz. (It is box stock nothing has been done to it besides a T&T job) The Evolution trigger is a serious benchrest trigger, I would not recommend it for anything else. It has no safety. (Neither does Jewel, Shilen, or Kelby on 700 rems) It takes some skill and concentration to use a 2oz trigger, it is not just something you jump into. The trigger can be adjusted, but I don't believe it goes up that much. (Maybe 5 or 6 oz)

Horsemen

Sorry for the caps, I didn't mean to bother anyone. I was doing some paper/computer work that requires caps. I did notice it. I didn't want to retype it. My bad. On a lighter note, I have never been accused of having any large amounts of etiquette :). ;D

I was thinking of a trigger that would be in the 6-16 oz range. Practice on the bench at lower settings, for trigger control. Higher settings for safety in the field. A safety on the gun is preferable for stalking with one in the chamber. But I don't hunt like that anymore. I now re-con for the best aria "gun not chambered" setup and weight for the shot.

later I will see how low the comp trigger will go.

Again-sorry for the caps, Mike

82boy

Your comp trigger should go lower than 12oz, SSS advertised 12oz because they know that they can get them all to go to that range, anything lower is an bonus.