Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your tactical/precision rifle/snipery/truck axle Savage!

John Model 10

This is my 10FP in .308. I recently discovered that the tang was not floating, so I had to fix that. Then, I added some texture to the grip and forend while I was at it and repainted it. Nothing too fancy, but functional.

3fingervic
    .300 WM F(L)CP-K From Savage custom shop
    SSS LVT stock
    Vortex Razor 5-20x50
    EGW 20 MOA base
    Vortex rings

Panozguy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingervic View Post
    .300 WM F(L)CP-K From Savage custom shop
    SSS LVT stock
    Vortex Razor 5-20x50
    EGW 20 MOA base
    Vortex rings

I like it! How does it shoot?

3fingervic
    Quote Originally Posted by Panozguy View Post
    I like it! How does it shoot?
    It is an awesome shooter. It is capable of shooting .5 moa at 100 yards at will. Here is the first four shots I took with this gun. The shots were taken prone with a bipod. The ammo was some Winchester 180gr "big game" stuff. The first shot was a barrel fouler the next three nestled together nicely.

Panozguy
    Fantastic!

CJnWy
    Old left hand110 Tacticle in 223. I bought it used back in the early 90s with a JUNK factory barrel, replaced it with a factory 204 SS flutted. The conoe padle stock got replaced by a $75 Sportmans guide laminent.
    This has proven to be a very good unit for doggin, being right handed its very handy to keep your eye in the scope and work the bolt with the left hand....As long as you dont pull the bolt back any farther than it takes to load a new round, otherwise your going to give yourself a sore nose :-)

Team Savage
    A left handed rifle being shot right handed? You wern't doing anything with your left hand anyway, so why not? Seems so natural to work the bolt and feed the ammo with your left (free) hand. I built a BR thumbhole stocked rig that way and I've ended up liking it more than my right hand action rigs. You never know till you try it.

3fingervic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
    A left handed rifle being shot right handed? You wern't doing anything with your left hand anyway, so why not? Seems so natural to work the bolt and feed the ammo with your left (free) hand. I built a BR thumbhole stocked rig that way and I've ended up liking it more than my right hand action rigs. You never know till you try it.
    As a left handed person it is refreshing to hear you say this. I prefer cycling my bolt the traditional way, and keeping my right hand under the stock. When I'm looking for LH guns I always get "why don't you shoot a right handed gun and cycle it with your non trigger hand, it's easier to do it like that anyway". I then ask them why they don't shoot LH bolt guns, since it's so much easier? That's usually followed up by some mumbling and stuttering ending with, "but I'm right handed". I'm happy to see at least one righty do it that way.

CJnWy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingervic View Post
    As a left handed person it is refreshing to hear you say this. I prefer cycling my bolt the traditional way, and keeping my right hand under the stock. When I'm looking for LH guns I always get "why don't you shoot a right handed gun and cycle it with your non trigger hand, it's easier to do it like that anyway". I then ask them why they don't shoot LH bolt guns, since it's so much easier? That's usually followed up by some mumbling and stuttering ending with, "but I'm right handed". I'm happy to see at least one righty do it that way.
    Yep I wish all my bench/longerange where left handed or lblp units! My walkabout units still have to be right handed.

Team Savage
    It doesn't take much time to see just how functional and comfortable a rifle can be set up that way. Shooting a left hand rifle right handed and off hand might present a problem with no way to support it? I'am thinking it's more of what you want and what you get use to.
    My only problem is I'am liking my left handed action/right hand stocked rig better than my right hand rigs. Just might have to go all left handed!
    Tried a pistol build with a left hand bolt action. Worked just a slick.
    I'am a righty and not doing anything with my left hand while bench shooting anyway so why not put it to use?

Picked up a ambi left hand stock to see how it would work? That got me hooked from the start. Went thumbhole from there.

And "left handed" people are in their right mind!
    Last edited by Nor Cal Mikie; 09-01-2012 at 03:49 PM.

patd
    my 30-06

Basic Member
    Here is the latest configuration of my Savage Predator .243WIN. She is short, yes, but she handles very well. The accuracy has been good with factory ammunition, but she really shines with various handloads that I have worked up. She tackles all the tasks that I put her through, and waits for more... I absolutely love this rifle!!

DK

Last edited by RatMag; 12-05-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    [B]Savage - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ[/B]

WhiteFeather
    Just a couple of mine. 308 Win. mounted with a Nikon 4.5-14-40mm Mildot and a Harris bipod

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 12-06-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Added text

My 16 FCSS that was transformed into my hunting/bench rifle

Mounted in a Choate Tactical stock made for the DBM with the trigger release in the trigger guard. As we all know not too many stocks for those yet without going the custom route. SSS flute job on bolt and Rayhill bolt handle. Burris 3.5-10x50 30MM scope. Changed out the barrel nut to the traditional with a .25 recoil lug from SSS.

And yes it's just a factory barrel for now. It is Christmas and I have to do this on a budget. I will be getting another barrel after the first of the year.
    Last edited by txbdyguard; 12-07-2012 at 01:43 AM.

bgc

308 Win
    Last edited by bgc; 01-02-2013 at 06:38 PM.

bgc

300 WM

Swiss32
    My only "tactical rifle" for now is a .22lr Savage Mark II TRR/SR with a richard's microfit tactical stock and a cheap Mueller APV scope:

In the coming weeks I will work on my new Savage 11 LRH in .300wsm. I plan to change the stock with another richard's microfit and fit a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 on it. I will post pictures as soon as I finish the project.

Kiss tactical

[img]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/bigfatbulldog/2013-01-06_13-45-21_380.jpg[/img]

Basic Member
    Does this qualify?

Basic Member
    Bigdave that looks like a 50 cal savage without a barrel nut. I'm guessing it is a 338 of some sort with a shouldered barrel? What length is the barrel?

Show your tactical/precision rifle/snipery/truck axle Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by bgc View Post

300 WM
    That's really cool!
    What stock is this? And does it have any issues handling the recoil of the 300 WM? It looks pretty thin right behind the pistol grip.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgerrington View Post
    Bigdave that looks like a 50 cal savage without a barrel nut. I'm guessing it is a 338 of some sort with a shouldered barrel? What length is the barrel?
    It's a 338 ultramag, krieger 30"

Basic Member

Savage 10 FCP-K .308
    Vortex Viper 6.5x-20x44 Mil

vwgn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdave1977 View Post
    Does this qualify?
    BigDave, where did you get that muzzle brake from??

pitsnipe
    That tube looks like it has its own ZIP CODE! Nice lookin weapon.
    Good shootin!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast