Thread: Speer Hot-cor loading data

Nandy

Speer Hot-cor loading data

So Speer bullets done have online data for reloading their bullets? I want to use RL-22 but they dont seem to have anything online other than what they developed after their book was printed. I guess Im spoiled that my bullet maker of choice (Nosler) does print reloading data for his bullets. I give you it dont print all powders but it does prints the best 4. I think it will be crazy to pretend that every time I want to try a different bullet I will have to buy the bullet maker reloading book... What do you guys do in this case? I got the bullets as an alternative to shoot the most expensive accubonds when I am doing fouling shots, getting in target and shooting just for fun but if I cant get data I guess they are going back...

KRP
    Alliant has data using Speer bullets on their website, or extrapolate other info and work up as usual.

"Extrapolate" now there's a word that's not used too often.

Me likey

Dean

1happyshooter
    email speer. They just might send you the info you seek.

Nandy
    Quote Originally Posted by KRP View Post
    Alliant has data using Speer bullets on their website, or extrapolate other info and work up as usual.
    That's interesting... and since I wanted to use rl22 it all came in circles... I wonder if they are connected somehow.

Thanks to all of you.

Speer is part of the ATK family. They(talking to them) have NO plans on doing anymore data, or manuals. They are ordered to build bullets for Federal ammo, and essentially let the reloader languish.

As to "How" to load for them, Use ANY similarly shaped/constructed bullet load data. Provided you follow procedure(start low, work-up from there) you will not find your self in any semblance of trouble.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

1happyshooter
    That is too bad. Some of the speer bullets work very well for me. They have gotten very pricey recently though as compared to other basic-construction bullets.

Nandy
    The place I got these has a lot of old bullets so if I like them I might buy a few boxes. I'm reloading some today/tomorrow.

If you want the pulled stuff for CHEAP, Blacksheep in Lewiston USED to be the place. Now a gent up in IIRC Deary, Idaho is the man.
    Do a search for Rocky Mountain Reloading. HOLY COW cheap, albeit limited varieties, and no shipping.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.