Thread: Russo stocks for benchrest need advice

Red face Russo stocks for benchrest need advice

I BOUGHT A JOEL RUSSO STOCK FOR MY .260 AND IT WAS THE EXACT ONE OR TYPE I NEEDED.JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HERE HAS USED HIS STOCKS? CAPS on again-sorry.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

82boy
    I dont understand your question? I have never seen anyone use a Joel Russo stock in any benchrest match I have been at.

What do you mean you dont understand? I just wanted to know if anyone had there hands on one as per quality. I like wood and prefer it.I only want to shoot local competitions. I am not trying to start an arguement,I just wanted advice.

82boy
    WOW, Ok then
    Sorry I asked.
    I thought I would help out, but if that is how you want to be, then good luck to you.
    Last edited by 82boy; 08-21-2012 at 09:43 PM.

You took it all wrong,I am not trying to be a jerk,I just need the help as I have to make a quick decision by tomorrow afternoon.If I sounded snotty then I appologize to you sir.

Team Savage
    I have one of Joel's A5L stocks that I got a couple of years ago. He had asked if there was anynody that would be interested in a McMillan style A5 in laminated wood. (A5L)
    After 26 pages of replies, I think he got his answer. My guess is he probably made close to 25+ of that design. He went on from there.
    Almost a drop in. Took very little work to fit and finish. Joel turns out some beautiful stocks in just about any design, wood or laminated and color you can think of. IMHO, one of the best stocks that you could ever want. And, Joel is real easy to work with. He goes through the trouble to talk you through what you want and answers all questions you could have and makes sure you are getting the stock "you want".
    Mine was cut from a special ordered in the colors I chose. (San Francisco Camo)
    The whole process only took about a 2 months from start to finish. Took about a month just to get the blank. And you can get your stock with the forearm in any width you want. It'll be cut to YOUR specs.
    In my case, the colors were chosen, blank ordered, stock cut but the worst part was he posted a picture of the finished product on the www before I even got my hands on it.
    One of the nicest stocks I own. Rides the bags like it's on rails and always get lots of attention because of the design and colors. A++ all the way.

this one??
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Team Savage
    That's the one! If I had it to do over again, I would have gone with a wider forend so it would fit the front rest bag better. As it is now, I swap front bags to fit the thinner forend. Other than that, it's one fine stock. The outside finish was about 99%. Inlet was real close to the same.

And, Joel can duplicate just about any stock you might have and he also has a good selection of patterns to work from.
    Last edited by Nor Cal Mikie; 08-22-2012 at 10:36 PM.