Thread: I gave it a Shot

3fingervic

I gave it a Shot

I recently bought a Savage 220. While dry firing in the basement, I was noticing a lot of play in the forend of the stock. I'm considering a Stockade stock as a replacement. I was thinking about how this gun was built off of a 110 action, and about my 110 accustock in the back of the safe. So, I just tried to mount it and no dice. The screw spacing is off. Did Savage use the older screw spacing on these 220's? If so, why? I guess that would have been too easy, just to swap stocks and go. :)

The stocks are completely different b/c of the magazine for the 220....I don't know of anyone making stocks specifically for the 220F. I'll bet SSS, Stockade and McMillan could do it though. How deep are your pockets? :)

3fingervic
    Not that deep :), but I could afford an SSS or Stockade offering. I will definitely use it as is for this season, but I may consider giving Kevin a chance to make a stock for this gun, not that he's hurting for business. I used SSS for a .300wm. While I was happy with the stock, the CS was sub par IMO.

3fingervic
    And another thing that seems strange is the bolt spacing. I can understand the inlet for the DBM not lining up, but the 110 bolt spacing should be the same. Right?

M.O.A.
    no!! your talking about the 20ga slug gun right

3fingervic
    Yes, it's the 20ga. I thought the bolts would line up because Savage said this gun was built on a 110 action. The inlet was actually close enough to work if the spacing was the same. No big deal I guess, it just would have been cool.