Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stevens 200 for $199

cobra hunter

Re: Stevens 200 for $199

I was wrong, I did get one for $199 a 7mm 08. Now somebody tell what's up with the twist?

Danley

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Danley
    Picked up 6 7mm-08's last night in Prattville AL. !!! ;D
    two of the deadly sins GREED and JEALOUSY! :)
    Hey ... I left about 6 or so 7mm-08's & a dozen or so 270's on the shelf Here is a pic of them along with a new in the box 308 that I stumbled across at a pawn shop for $250 out the door a few months ago.
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac166/Danley_01/Guns/1219090916.jpg[/img]

Cannoneer

I bought several of them myself. $200 and then sell the barrels, how could you go wrong? Ordered a 35 Whelen barrel the same day and just finished it. Now, three more to go. I have two magnum bolt heads so maybe a couple of oddball single shots would be good. Why not?

Basic Member

What are the odds they'll do it again for an after Christmas sale? ;D

Danley

Quote Originally Posted by awp101
    What are the odds they'll do it again for an after Christmas sale? ;D
    Probably wont see that again for awhile ;D ... if they do it again i wish they would do the 223 also. I'd love to pick a couple of them up also.

jmeister

Dunham's has them this week for $279, so I finally picked one up. Also scored a Mueller APV for $97 while I was there.

Wtex

Awp101, for what its worth, a friend told me a few days ago the Academys that
    still have a bunch of these will be having a sale in January. Looks like some of the Academys have already sold most of theirs.

okie2

I got one marlin XL7 in 270 win today at Acadmey in Tulsa oklahoma for
    The sale price is $259.88 plus sales tax of $22.13.
    Grand total was $282.01.
    Now waiting for my order of brass bullets and dies from Midway.
    santa was good to me this year.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wtex
    Awp101, for what its worth, a friend told me a few days ago the Academys that
    still have a bunch of these will be having a sale in January. Looks like some of the Academys have already sold most of theirs.
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye out hoping my local store is one. I'm hoping they're overstocked on long actions... ;D

The day I bought my 7-08, I called that morning and they said they had half a dozen. When I got there that evening they still had a half a dozen. Of course they only had five when I left....;D

Wtex

So how hard would it be to convert a 7mm-08 to a 243? Since they are both based on a 308, is the only new
    part needed a barrel?

Danley

Yes that should be all you would need.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wtex
    So how hard would it be to convert a 7mm-08 to a 243? Since they are both based on a 308, is the only new
    part needed a barrel?
    Since they're both based upon .308 brass, all you need is a go and no-go headspace gauge set, barrel nut wrench, commercial or home-made barrel vise to hold it while you break the nut free and the new barrel.
    Hoot
    In [b]Theory[/b], there is no difference between theory and practice. In [b]Practice[/b], there is.

Basic Member

I only use a go gauge anymore. Think about it, the typical install means a short chambered barrel installed and then removing just enough metal to close on a go gauge but not enough to close on a no go. With the Savage system you are tightening down on a go gauge which gives minimum headspace. Then when you tighten the nut, you get maybe 2 or 3 thousandths clearance which is perfect. If I feel the need to check for too much headspace, I put a piece of Scotch tape on the head of the go gauge.

REDTAIL

I asked this question a few times on the forum & no one seams to answer it Does the Savage Stevens 200 rifle comes with a free floated BBL or am I better off buying the 11FNS model for the extra bucks ? ???

possum1

No, the Steven's does not come with bull barrel :'(

okie2

AND ALL OF THEM ARE 22 INCH SPORTER LIGHT WEIGHT BARRELS

Basic Member

Actually select retailers do sell Stevens 200's with heavy barrels that are 26" long. They are varmint weight barrels. When I saw the first one I couln't figure out what was going on. They have the non accutrigger and gray stock just like a regular 200 but with the heavy barrel.

Gander Mountain is one of the retailers. I can't remember the exact price but they were either $399 or $499.

It's like some retailers sell the 200 with tan stocks, my retailer only has gray.

Dolomite

REDTAIL

Does Academy do mail orders to my FFL dealer ?

Bad Water Bill

I asked the same question over 2 weeks ago and never got an answer. I even tried to call but the line was always busy.

Joe_Kidd

I'm sure they won't ship....typical big-box store, but focused on stuff we like. I'm keeping my eye out locally to see if any resurface. My store has a great price on a Ruger 77/17 on clearance.

Danley

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL
    Does Academy do mail orders to my FFL dealer ?
    I highly doubt it ... I tried to get them to order me a MKII BTVS (to pick up in the store) and was told no > so i dont see them doing the mail order thing either

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12