Just getting going on my lightweight LH LA Savage build and wanted to share my plans.

I'm starting with my old .473" SF 111 action. It already has a 5/8" Stockade bolt handle on it and one of the very rare 100% titanium Speedlock FP's David Tubb made for a very short time. It also has a very sweet stoned and honed two screw trigger which will remain.

The barrel will be a SS, 6mm, 8 twist, 5R rifled Rock I picked up cheap on eBay. Sending it to Rock to get recontoured to their #2 Sporter contour. They only charge $40 for the recontour. I'll then send the barrel to my gunsmith to be threaded nutless, cut and crowned at 24" and chambered for the 6mm-06 or possibly the 6mm-06AI. Was going to do the threading and chambering myself but my 'smith shot me a very nice price so I'll let him do it.

I'll use a SSS recoil lug.

The stock will be a McMillan Hunter's EDGE ordered from Rick Bin. Blind mag, 1/2" Pachmayr pad, and inletted for a 700 ADL TG. Excited to try my first EDGE. Debating whether to have SS sling swivels installed as I'll likely never put a sling on it.

I'll scope it with the 3-9x33 Leupold VX-2 Ultralight in Talley LW mounts.

Hoping it comes in well under 7.5 pounds all up.

Kinda fun conceptualizing the rifle build and getting the project underway.