Thread: Brake for 10 PC?

Brake for 10 PC?

Since the 10PC comes threaded I've been wanting to brake mine. It's a .308 with 5/8x24tpi. I know most of the brakes for the R25 pattern AR rifles should work but am unsure if the outside diameter will match up with the barrel. I would like a Vias but dont think they make one with the correct threads and outside diameter to match my barrel.
    Does anyone know of a good brake that will thread right on and also match the barrel contour?
    I was hoping to install one just using a crush washer.
    Thanks BHJ
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

rrflyer
    Getting one to match the barrel diameter is gonna be the problem.

I had one of these installed on my 260 and it kicks less than my 223 now. The ports on top are angled back and it comes with several different thicknesses of precision spacers so you can time it yourself.

http://tacticalmatches.com/forum/ubb...er=5453&page=1

JasonC is the guy to PM on there.

Basic Member
    I have two brakes by:

Ross Schuler
    261 Victor Gust Drive
    Mountain Home Idaho 83647
    rem40xb1@msn.com

He makes them in .813---1"---1.250 they can be tapered in the rear but not turned down full length.

I have one on a factory Sendero in 7 mag and one on a DPMS LR308. I sent Ross the outside diameter of my barrels and he matched them perfectly. I asked a local gunsmith to thread my barrels and time the brake. I have experienced significant reduction in muzzle jump and felt recoil. A lot of folks may wonder why I would brake a gas operated 308 but spotting my own shots improved dramatically.

With your barrel being pre-threaded you will either have to have a gunsmith time the brake; or spend some time working the rear of the brake over sandpaper until it aligns properly; or use a crush washer.

The best part is the price... when I bought mine last year they were $45 delivered... and delivered within a week.

I am not associated with this company in any way... just an extremely happy customer :)

Here is a thread from another web site that has been running for several years. You may find answers to other questions you may have in this thread. Have fun!

Matt

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...478267&page=12

skypilot
    I've use this guy when I'm in Canada. Excellent custom work, good guy, exceptional service.
    Jeff at Grizzly Gun Works. He has online ordering and web by the same name.

Xaved
    I put a PWS FSC30 muzzle brake on my FCP-SR and it works great. It comes with a set of shims to install on your own.

Another +1 for the PWS FSC30 brake. With the 'prongs' it looks like more of a gas-gun brake (i.e. AR-10, FAL, etc.) but works just fine on the 10PC and is the right size. Initially I got the PWS PWC brake, a little longer and a little bigger around - works / looks better on my .300 WM in my opinion.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hnts4fun View Post
    I have two brakes by:

Ross Schuler
    261 Victor Gust Drive
    Mountain Home Idaho 83647
    rem40xb1@msn.com

He makes them in .813---1"---1.250 they can be tapered in the rear but not turned down full length.

I have one on a factory Sendero in 7 mag and one on a DPMS LR308. I sent Ross the outside diameter of my barrels and he matched them perfectly. I asked a local gunsmith to thread my barrels and time the brake. I have experienced significant reduction in muzzle jump and felt recoil. A lot of folks may wonder why I would brake a gas operated 308 but spotting my own shots improved dramatically.

With your barrel being pre-threaded you will either have to have a gunsmith time the brake; or spend some time working the rear of the brake over sandpaper until it aligns properly; or use a crush washer.

The best part is the price... when I bought mine last year they were $45 delivered... and delivered within a week.

I am not associated with this company in any way... just an extremely happy customer :)

Here is a thread from another web site that has been running for several years. You may find answers to other questions you may have in this thread. Have fun!

Matt

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...478267&page=12
    Just picked my 300 WM up from the smith getting one of these 4 chambered brakes installed. Barrel wasn't threaded so it cost $75 to get it done. It blends right in with the Remington Varmint contour and looks great. Got one on my 7mag too and can't be beat for 45 shipped.