Thread: What is different in action, barrel between Model 10 and 11?

Basic Member

What is different in action, barrel between Model 10 and 11?

I have a Model 10, a buddy just got a Model 11. They look near identical...what is different? Is there anything different in the action and barrel? I know his lacks the accustock but that is about it.

Basic Member

seriously just different features available on each action is the same some might have different barrel length or contour.

cgeorgemo
    Almost all 2 digit actions (10, 11, 12, 14, 16) are the same design. Currently they are all short action length while the 3 digit ones are long action.
    The rifles get their actual designation based on stock material, finish and barrel design more than action design.
    The differences on the actions and barrels will be stainless or chromoly steel and the finish on the CM (parkerized or blued, matte, or glossy).
    16's will be SS with sporter barrels and composite stocks typically.
    10's and 11's will be blued or parkerized.
    11's usually have composite stocks and sporter barrels.
    "Law Enforcement" 10s will have heavy barrels and laminate stocks.
    10's that are not designated "Law Enforcement" models often have wood stocks and sporter barrels.
    (I have an 11 that is identical to a 10 that I also own the only thing different is the caliber that they were chambered in and the 11 came with a scope package.)
    14's are available in both SS and CM they have sporter barrels and nice hardwood stocks.
    12's come in SS or CM and have varmint weight barrels. Some can come in a laminate stock others in composite.
    Target action 12's are in fact a different action than the other 2 digit actions.

If a distributor orders a special some of the normal guidelines go right out the window... (I owned a 16 with a laminate stock that was a special order for Davidson's)