Thread: Savage 219C

Oldhornet

Question Savage 219C

I am new to the forum but reading the posts has been interesting. I accumulated the 219C in 22 Hornet cal. and have not shot it yet. Too hot for an old man. It is in good shape and has a El Paso made Weaver V2.5-7 scope on it and surprisingly it is still very clear.

I would like to learn more about the rifle and what it is capable of doing with the right loads and the type of loading that is normally the most accurate. I bought a couple of boxes of Prvi Partizan 45 gr. SP mainly for the brass. What kind of accuracy can one expect from them? Any info will be appreciated.

Oldhornet
    Surely some one can give me a little info. Please!

Basic Member
    I dont have any experience with the model 219 so I can't really comment on that, but I do have a little experience with the hornet. The hornets I have shot and loaded for really liked the Hodgdon 'lil gun powder and the 35g vmax. These were for a savage model 40 and ruger 77/22 The round is fun to shoot with no recoil and is pretty deadly on small critters out to 150 yards or so.... The savage is pretty accurate, about 3/4 moa and the ruger isnt too bad at probably just over 1 moa. Wish I could help you more with any 219 info

44 Man
    Well, I'm just the opposite. I can't help you with the Hornet, but I have shot a friends 219 in 30-30 (I have my own coming now and am very excited!) and it shot very well. I was not able to shoot 100 yd groups having only 50 yds available to me at the time, but it shot very respectable for me. I hope you enjoy that gun, they are a sweet, old gun! 44 Man

375Win
    Well I have a 219 in 22H and it is very accurate with Win. 46gr Hp's over Lil-gun. I have a newer Weaver 2.5x7 VR on it. Great little gun.

Last edited by 375Win; 09-21-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Hi, I just pickup a complete receiver for a 220C but have no experience with this model. I have experience and own two 220 (12ga and 20ga) and three 220A in 20ga for when my three grandkids come of age.

What I'm looking for is a detail drawing or picture of the barrel lug so that I can see where the cocking pin is located and if I can modify a model 94 barrel to get it to work. Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by clance View Post
    Hi, I just pickup a complete receiver for a 220C but have no experience with this model. I have experience and own two 220 (12ga and 20ga) and three 220A in 20ga for when my three grandkids come of age.

What I'm looking for is a detail drawing or picture of the barrel lug so that I can see where the cocking pin is located and if I can modify a model 94 barrel to get it to work. Can anyone help me?
    GOod luck on finding that. There's little to no technical information to be had for most of the utility models made before 1960 due to the company having changed hands so many times between 1900 and then.
    Jim B. - Site Administrator
    I run a forum - someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery already

.223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Oldhornet
    Thanks for your replies. Still haven't got to shoot it. Some surgery got in the way and looks like at least another month before I can. It is a neat looking old gun. My great grandson who is sixteen said I have never seen a rifle like that but I sure will be glad to get to shoot it. He started out shooting with my first gun, a Remington Improved Model 6 and is now shooting a Savage Bolt Action that we bought him last Christmas.

Rogmatt
    I have a Savage 220a in 20 gauge that will interchange with 219s or other 220 gauges, and will be putting it up for sale soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmatt View Post
    I have a Savage 220a in 20 gauge that will interchange with 219s or other 220 gauges, and will be putting it up for sale soon.
    What condition and how much are you thinking you want to get for it?

Got pictures would be a plus.