Thread: 7MM SAUM Range/load results

chesty for president

7MM SAUM Range/load results

The rifle is a Target acction with a 1-9 twist bull barrel 30" long. Shooting off bags im sure the group couldve been better.

Norma 300 SAUM brass necked down
    60.0 grains of RL-25
    162 grain A-Max
    CCI Primer "non-mag"
    Bullet seated .010 off the lands
    FPS-Unknown will have that tomorrow
    Distance 300 yards

I cant think of much else to put....If anyone has any advice Im all ears and I thank you in advance for the advice.

Very Respectfully Submitted

Semper Fi

Don't let him fool you Chesty the flincher did not shoot this grouping, a forum member that goes buy the name scope eye was behind the trigger when this grouping took place.

You did not shoot that grouping, the Government made that happen.

chesty for president
    Forget everything you seen here today lol........darn aliens......am I allowed to say aliens......I meant the ones from space not the ones that are now on food stamps before they even enter the country illegaly now.....got off track.....I think i measured that group wrong what is the proper way to measure that and why is it measured a certain way

Skunce
    Measure center to center. Your group is actually under 3/4", good shooting! I have a 7mm SAUM also and it's an excellent shooter. I've been using the 162 grain Amax and H1000 in mine.

chesty for president
    Thank you Sir for the compliment. Ive been wanting to try that H1000 since im about out of RL25. Ive heard of people getting good results with powder all the way down to RL17 I just dont have the BAL*@ to do that plus my barrel is 30" long so the slower stuff is fine with me. The 162's are great for me also I cannot get the 180 SMK's to shoot for some reason, Ive tried quite a few recipes with them but the 162's always do better....they are a lot cheaper so thats fine by me. If I may ask Sir what is your setup on your SAUM

Basic Member
    Measure outside to outside then subtract the diameter of the bullet. Easier to get a measurement than center to center and comes out to the same thing.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

chesty for president

Norma 300 SAUM brass necked down
    60.0 grains of RL-25
    154 grain unknown bulk Midway bullet
    CCI Primer "non-mag"
    Bullet seated .010 off the lands "3.252" OAL at ogive
    FPS-Avg=2964 slooooooow
    Distance 300 yards

Good day of shooting with a little luck. I think I need to get away from the slow burning to powder to get more velocity, guys on accurate shooter are reporting 3200 FPS with 180 bergers. This is a descent short range slow load I guess so it was worth trying it out....any suggestions please throw them my way...

Very Respectfully Submitted

Semper Fidelis

Nice job looks like those bullets are Hornady's if they have a cannelure they are SST $32.00 a box, and if no cannelure then they are interbonds $55.00 a box ouch.

Next time try some of that RL19 you have, start with 60gr you should pick up a couple hundred FPS

MrMajestic
    Chesty, I threw some info into QL about the 180's at 3200. Figuring a 30" tube and .142" shank in neck(recommended 1/2 diameter of bullet minimum) it stated 69.1 grains of RL25 at 111 1/2% filling/L.R. and 78438 PSI! Not so sure I'd try pushing that hard. Mind you QL is not absolute but this doesn't appear to be safely obtainable.

Great shooting by the way! Those groups are very impressive! I run the A-Max in mine at a very sloooow, as you put it, 2915 fps. I don't mind clicking up a couple extra for case life and accuracy. JMHO

chesty for president
    Mr. Majestic I believe you are correct I double checked my info on accurate shooter and it was 62.0 grains of RL-25 that pushed 180's to 2940 FPS and 62.6 to 3050 and 180's with signs of pressure all done with a 30" barrel. I want to get the 162 a-max tuned in but if the 154's are king then so be it for now....thank you for the compliment and scope eye ill be burning up some RL-19 man.....it was good talking to ya brother