Thread: presentation 99H ?

presentation 99H ?

Hi Guys,

I used the search function with no luck... I'm a newbie to this forum, but have a Savage that I cannot identify specifically (im not a gun newbie).

Its a 99H .243 with presentation engraving (gold accents). Serial is: 113xxxx Its not a 99CE, but really, really close to it.

I will post up a few pics, maybe someone can give me a better idea. The rifle is literally brand new, never fired. The story is that a Savage Rep/Employee/etc (at that time) had it but was never a production rifle/demo/award to dealers,etc.... IDK...lol (I take stories with a grain of salt).

sorry for the cell phone pics, they always look better on the phone!... Thanks for any input!

some of the presentation receivers were sent to Germany for engraving. It took 3 years for some which put them out of serial number sequence when they came back. I do not know which ones.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Eric in NC
    You could get much more info on the gun over on 24 hour campfire's Savage Collector forum.

Holy crap that's beautiful!

Basic Member
    I think you'll find it says 99 "M" on the receiver (might look like an "H"). What you have is a model 99 "PE" Presentation grade, absolutely top of the heap when it was made in the late 60's. It went for the staggering sum of $350. Gorgeous engraving, we need to see the wood too!!
    Jeff518

Basic Member
    And Yes, the guys at 24hrcampfire Savage collectors will want to see this. They tend to scoff at post-mil models, but nobody will scoff at this beauty!
    Jeff518

Big Old Boy
    oh ya WOW!!