Thread: Hate To Be The One

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tome

Hate To Be The One

with a Criterian 22-250 1-9 bull barrel that i'm having thouble making shoot..i took off and sold a factory 1-12 bull barrel that would shoot .5 all day long..when i 1st got the LRPV 22-250, it would shoot in the in the .2-.3 after 500 shots it opened up to .5 ( raw 5 shot group at 100m )..still a good varmint barrel..so i sold it and got a criterian from Jim at Christmas time.got the barrel on in late spring. used go-no go gages and jim's target recoil lug.everything went together with no problems.took a load from accurateshooter..60 gr vmax, 34.8gr od h4895, ww lrp and remington brass fl resized and trimmed...the best i got was an 1.25" long vertical group..all touching in one long rip...i also got pressure signs ..shiney extractor marks..so i backed off .2 of a gr in the next load. also loaded a known accuracy load in my old barrel..i attributed the vertical to my setup..i used a sinclair 3" screw on bag spacer on a hard front bag, i think that was the problem.put a 2.5 bag on the rest for this trip. it shot the reduced load 60 vmax into 1.5 5 shot groups. so lets try the 52 gr amax ww748 load..2 went into 1 large hole ..then 3 1/4 around the 1st 2 shot hole..the next 2 groups were carbon copies of the 1st group..hardly a one hole shooter..i called jim..he said call criterian. called criterian an left message and the president called me back ( i forget his name )..i told him the same as i told you..he said " keep shooting it..it sounds like it wants to shoot ".anybody got a load for 1-9 22-250 ? i'm only going to go so far throwing money down this barrel..before this thing goes to the chop saw and we move on..any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by tome; 07-31-2012 at 12:04 PM.