Thread: Accutrigger Adjustment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DavidL61

Accutrigger Adjustment

Hello,

I purchased a 11FXP3 308 Win and finally got to take it to the range this past weekend. I wanted to adjust the trigger a little lighter, but the adjustment screw was already set to the lightest setting. Does Savage ship all their accutrigger rifles set to the lightest setting? Seems to me the trigger should be able to go a bit more on the lighter side.

Dave

All but one of my Savages could not be adjusted down below about 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 pounds. I got lighter trigger springs form Sharpshooter Supply and resolved the problem. I like my triggers set at 2 3/4 pounds. With the lighter trigger spring I can adjust them down to about 2 pounds or less.
    Savage: 243 Win, 250 Savage, 25-06, 260AI, 300 Savage, 308 Win, 30-06 AR-15: 6.8 SPC II, 22LR, 223 Service, 556 Carbine TC Encore: 6.8 SPC, 30-06

supergolfer18
    same thing on my 10FXP the accutrigger was already as low as it would adjust

DavidL61
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to give Sharpshooter Supply a call and order a spring.

Team Savage
    may want to see if they will sell you a traget sear

drybean

Basic Member
    There used to be a post on how to modify the spring to lighten it some. I believe it involved clipping off a coil and bending the end to be shaped as the original was.
    Life is short, make every shot count.

if you can change oil on your car you should be able to easily mod an accutrigger-
    just move the front blade spring to the rear position -replaced the blade spring with a ink pen spring
    the top of the blade spring will have to be bent up & centered in the coil to fit into the hole in the receiver
    all mine have been around 1 lb after this mod - you can strech spring for more pull weight or remove coils for less
    I have not had one issue with any of mine- 3 regular accutrigger mods - as good or better than some aftermarket high $ triggers Ive owned
    I have had regular , Target & LE accutriggers -the only difference I see from the factory is the rear springs
    target & LE models dont need this mod -they already have smaller rear springs
    this simple method worked on all mine -as any gun repair try at your own risk-
    & thouroghly - bump slap- test before using -
    Savage accu trigger is a very safe design - fitting for a rifle this well designed
    but always remember

THE ONLY REAL SAFTEY ON ANY FIREARM......is the person thats holding it.
    Last edited by Willoughby; 07-27-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Basic Member
    I did the same thing willoughby is talking about. I replaced both the rear and blade spring with ink pen springs and the pull is 1 lbs 5 oz. Very nice and very safe.