Thread: EABCO Accuracy barrels

Slick

EABCO Accuracy barrels

Looking for information on the performance of these barrels if anyone knows. Thanks for the replys.

Basic Member
    Its my understanding they are either an ER Shaw or Adams & Bennet barrel from another who looked into them or had got one from them a while back.
    I know its not much info!
    Last edited by 5spd; 07-23-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Team Savage
    I've never owned a prefit Savage EABCO barrel, but I did buy a couple for a TC Encore before I discovered the switch barrel Savage platform. I would rank it as a step above a factory barrel and similar to a Shaw barrel in terms of accuracy (0.5" - 1.0" MOA). They did not foul as bad as a factory barrel. They did not shoot as tight or clean up as easy as the Savage Pre-fit Shilen, McGowen and CBI barrels I've tried and own. Of course, that could be because of the limitations of TC Encore design and factory loads. Others can chime in, but IMO you'd be happier in the long run with a CBI barrel from NSS for about the same money. And I don't see many EABCO barrels being used or sold by members of this site.

Opus Dei
    Quote Originally Posted by 5spd View Post
    Its my understanding they are either an ER Shaw or Adams & Bennet barrel from another who looked into them or had got one from them a while back.
    I know its not much info!
    Same difference; A&B barrels are Shaw, but produced for a subsidiary of Midway USA.

Slick
    Thanks for the replys. I had a feeling I would be better off with another barrel maker.

I have had the exact same experience with the EABCO barrels as jpdown has reported. My experience with EABCO barrels has been with the TC Encore and not the Savage. The barrels for the Encore were very satisfactory and shot very well but I have also switched to the Savage platform since the barrel switching, accuracy and especially the bench shooting (you do not have to interrupt your position for every reload - break the action open vs just pull the bolt to reload with the Savage) ease. I am using the CBI barrels although I have owned and shot Douglas and McGowan barrels in the Savage SA 12's that I own. My best results so far have been with the CBI from NSS and that is with 6 different calibers to date. I originally got into the Encore because of the ability to switch barrels and change calibers but the Savage has been a much better experience for me. YMMV
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, Retired Army Master Aviator, Vietnam Veteran Gunship Pilot, Presidents 100

EABCO I beleave makes there own barrels now. They used to buy blanks, but they bought a machine a few years ago and can make there own. You will have to call and ask about the particular barrel you are interested in.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor