Thread: Are all trigger guards the same for 110 and target actions?

MDM

Are all trigger guards the same for 110 and target actions?

My buddy has the dual port target action he got from Northland. He got a stock from Joel Russo and the inletting on trigger guard is not right for the supplied trigger guard that came with the action. It fits, but there is about .5" additional inletting behind the trigger guard, almost like the trigger guard is too short. It has to one of two things, he has the wrong trigger guard or the inletting is messed up. Which is it?

Kinetik1
    Savage does make two different trigger guards for their target actions. I just measured the two that I have and one is 3.5", and the other is 4". The 4" guard came with a newer 3.4" action screw spacing action on a LRPV rifle with a HS-Precision stock. The 3.5" guard is from the older 4.4" action screw spacing from a F-class rifle. If your friend has the 3.5" guard, it's an easy fix to get the other. Jim should have one. If the inletting is 4.5", contact Russo and ask him about it.

MDM
    Thanks. His guard is the standard guard that fits most 110 actions. I'll let him know.

there are a few mild changes, trigger width, curve back by the pistol grip early bottom metal ...
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

82boy
    Quote Originally Posted by MDM View Post
    My buddy has the dual port target action he got from Northland. He got a stock from Joel Russo and the inletting on trigger guard is not right for the supplied trigger guard that came with the action. It fits, but there is about .5" additional inletting behind the trigger guard, almost like the trigger guard is too short. It has to one of two things, he has the wrong trigger guard or the inletting is messed up. Which is it?
    Savage has many diferent trigger guards, some are thicker, and some are diferent in diferent ways, but for the most part they are the same length. On the dual Port target actions, they move the rear pillar forward, and have an all togeather diferent screw spacing, they use a trigger uard off of a Model 40, wich is longer. It sounds like your budy got a Action with a standard action screw spacing, and the stocker was counting on it having the Dual port moved pillar screw spacing.