I know a lot of you on this forum reload. I have a pretty good set-up in my garage. As far as my load development. I've only tried different grains increasing in 1 grain increments. Right now I'm working with a Savage Axis in 308 Win. I understand the process of reloading but honestly I think I could use some knowledge in load development. How should one work up a load? Start with your powder and work your way up to find the best grain, then move to distance from lands? How do you know when your touching the lands and what your max OAL is. I could really use some input. Right now I have some 168gr Sierra Matchking and 168 Grain Hornady A-Max. I also have Varget and IMR 4895. Also full length resize or neck sizing? I really enjoy taking the axis out to the range but I want to know that I'm doing my load development right and not wasting my time when I could be shooting better. So i guess I'm asking when you get a new caliber/barrel and you start reloading what are the steps you go through before deciding on your guns favorite load or a load you might use in a competition.