Well, I guess I didn't run out of things to change on my Edge. I picked up a Varmint 25.06 barrel for my edge (thanks Mike) and swapped them out this morning. All went well and the project was complete within 2 hours.
I just finished making up a bunch of ammo since I already know the ammo used for the old barrel probably won't be accurate enough.

The old barrel was impressive. I can't wait to see how it does with this big 'ol fat heavy barrel. Between the weight of the new barrel, the ballast in the stock to counter weight it, I guess I'll be heading to the gym to get back in shape.

Now if only this rain would go someplace where it's needed.....

You young fellas with good eyesight.... Is this 12x Nikon going to be adequate for 400yds? Or do I need to try it out and see if I need to get another Vortex?
On the 200yd line it's just perfect. The 3" red circle disappears when it's perfectly covered with the crosshair. With my "middle age" vision I don't know if it'll work on a greater distance.

Anyway, this is my first barrel change out. I have officially lost my cherry as a 'barrel nut'. The OCD continues.....

One last tid - bit. Thanks to all who offered condolences. Last week I lost a very close family member. He took ill last year & continued to get worse. His wife is in a world of hurt financially so all family members are doing what we have to to help. Thanks again y'all.

Frank -not at the range- in Fla