Thread: Need help have 111 c 3006

sillfatwanker

Need help have 111 c 3006

i have a 111c with the mag release on the side am i stuck with the factory stock
    i wanna put an nice tactical stock on it
    any thoughts ?
    Last edited by sillfatwanker; 07-18-2012 at 11:49 PM.

stangfish

stock

You can use this one but will need a magazine, spring and follower from a stagger feed Long Action
    http://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-...by-Choate.html
    Last edited by stangfish; 07-19-2012 at 09:46 PM.

sillfatwanker
    were would i get those parts brownells

Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    You can use this one but will need a magazin sprin and follower from a stagger feed Long Action
    Would also need the magazine box itself.
    Jim B. - Site Administrator
    I run a forum - someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery already

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Stang --- That looks like a pretty nice stock for only 2.25 beans. AND- it beats paying 4 beans + for a manners, although they do seem to be the prefered stock for the descriminating Savage shooter....

I guess you can spend $900 up front for the complete package - quality stock & accurate shooter - or spend 3 to 4 beans for the rifle & drop another couple hundred to make it stable, sturdy & comfortable.

So, let me ask you - does a stock like the one in the link really make that much difference in the way a rifle shoots? Every time I see some one posting about a $300 Stevens & a $500 Manners, it make me wonder.

And try not to tell me it's a night & day difference in the way a rifle will handle. I already spent my gun budget money for the month according to the accountant I'm married to....

Fundless Frank in Fla $$$$$$$$$.....
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

sillfatwanker
    omg seriously..... can someone tell me what stock will work or how to make one work otherwise keep the comments to yourselves please

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    You can use this one but will need a magazin sprin and follower from a stagger feed Long Action
    I have this Choate Tactical and the Sniper too, and am well pleased with the shooting quality for the cost.

sillfatwanker
    thats cool im sold but the mag release button on the side of the rifle what do i do about that ?

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by sillfatwanker View Post
    thats cool im sold but the mag release button on the side of the rifle what do i do about that ?
    I would leave it in the old stock.

stangfish
    Remove the three screws on the bottom of your stock. Remove barreled action and set aside. Remove trigger guard. Save screws. Place old stock with magazine and side button in the SS Classifieds. Get a tactical stock of your choice inleted for a savage dbm centerfed model. Using your left hand to hold the stock, insert the barreled action that you removed from the old "button on the side" stock. Hold the action secure in the new stock using fingers and thumb. Propping the butt on a table or the floor may help. Install the DBM frame and insert the muzzle end screw first and engage the threads 3 turns. Insert the trigger gaurd and hold with thumb. insert the middle and rear screws and tighten. Having the muzzle pointed upwards when tightening insures that the recoil lug is in contact with the supporting surface. You may run into some screw length issues because of the differences in the thickness of the aftermarket stock compared tothe original. Too long will cause binding of the bolt you will need to grind and deburr till they fit. It may beneccessary to buy some extra screws in the 1/4-28 persuasion. I buy them from Mcmaster Carr. (http://www.mcmaster.com/#socket-head-cap-screws/=ihbunp)
    Last edited by stangfish; 07-19-2012 at 10:18 PM.

stangfish
    Frank. The grip area on the Choates are not perfect but overal they are great for the money. The V-block action support made out of a large piece of alluminum realy improves stock stiffness and action support. I'm sold on them for a cheap alternative to shoot off a rest or bipod in F/class open or TR. They are realy designed for a target barrel because of the diameter of the channel. The supplied T-nut/bipod button is limited but but it slides in a t-slot so you can put it where you want it ... I am being very critical.

I just traded one for a HS precision Long Range and that stock is very nice. It is not tactical but it is very light and rigid. this one is only available for the short action.

Thanks HS precision for the use of your picture
    Last edited by stangfish; 07-19-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Cause I don't proof read and I'm a bad spelur

sillfatwanker;129076]omg seriously..... can someone tell me what stock will work or how to make one work otherwise keep the comments to yourselves please

With only 4 post this isn't the way to make friends around here,we let the confrontational go elsewhere and keep it friendly.
    Now I will try and answer your question from personal experience; there are no side release stocks comercialy availiable that I know of.So unless you are willing to go custom($300-$600) it is not happening. What I did was convert to a blind magazine (not a fan of dbm anyway) and was done with it for around $100.I used a Boyd's thumbhole and if the old picture threads come up look for mine and it will be th one that is red/black same model as yours.
    Yours should be a stagger feed long action and the blind mag stocks from just about anyone should fit as long as it is stagger feed.Mag and follower from almost any supplier or factory direct.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

82boy
    Quote Originally Posted by sillfatwanker View Post
    What you have is an odd bird, they was a few made but production was low on them. Aftermarket aviliblility is non-existant. You have three choices, you can either convert your action to a blind mag, or your can have a custom stock made, You could also have someone do the work or cut it your self starting a stagardfeed stock you need to cut out for the bottom metal, and side release.
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0...114C-Clip-Type