Thread: I think I have been had

baxsom

I think I have been had

I ordered a McGowan barrel from savage-barrels.com on July 20th. Wait time was 8-10 weeks. I emailed them 3 weeks ago and got a response the next day saying that they had spoken to the gunsmith and I should be getting the barrel next week. Now the Savage-barrels.com website is not working and they are not responding to emails anymore. I am starting to worry that I may have been taken.

Call McGowen directly and ask them about it. See if it was ordered by savage barrels. CC orders can be canceled if needed.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

baxsom
    Good call. I called McGowen and I think I got the rudest person they had on the phone. I read the email I received from Savage-barrels stating the date I should have received the barrel and he told me I was 100% wrong. He said "That is not what the email says." I replied "Fine I'll send it to you" to which he told me not to bother since he already knows Im wrong. Amazingly though I got an email from savage-barrels this afternoon saying that they had been trying to get in touch with me and then I got the "your original barrel didnt meet standards" line that I have read here is pretty common from them. This thing better be perfect.

Humm... wonder what the owner of the company thinks of your treatment?? He has been known to ghost around here.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

baxsom
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Avenger View Post
    Humm... wonder what the owner of the company thinks of your treatment?? He has been known to ghost around here.
    I would understand if I had been constantly calling and emailing but patience is a virtue. I dont't like being called a liar and when the excuse of we tried to email you a lot, check your spam folder came through I just wanted it to be over. I just hope that their quality outshines their customer service. At least I know my order was placed and eventually I'll have the barrel. That in the end is all that really matters. I kinda wish I would have went with a different brand now but as long as it performs it will be worth it.

JCalhoun
    You have a good outlook on things. To me, there are way too many barrel makers out there to put up with sort of incompetence.

M.O.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCalhoun View Post
    You have a good outlook on things. To me, there are way too many barrel makers out there to put up with sort of incompetence.
    Plus one here I would have been done with the order with the rude guy on the phone.

Basic Member
    Good God!!!! I think McGowen owes you your barrel, and a free barrel of your choice for that crap. I would suggest any one dealing with them to record any and all phone conversations and save emails. Post them up on these forums and see how their business does!

Quote Originally Posted by 319 View Post
    Good God!!!! I think McGowen owes you your barrel, and a free barrel of your choice for that crap. I would suggest any one dealing with them to record any and all phone conversations and save emails. Post them up on these forums and see how their business does!
    WRONG!
    McGowen barrels dose not owe him a barrel!! Savage Barrels owes him a barrel!!
    The only true connection is Savage barrels brokers McGowan barrels. Same as Northlander and his selections or Gun Shack is doing with ER Shaw.

Basic Member
    Wow, I am glad your opinion is the only one that matters! HA!

He called McGowen and got HORRIBLE customer service, and the guy called him a liar. If they were a decent company they would apologize and offer him a free barrel of his choice.

If I read this correctly, and I may not have, Savage barrels isn't the one making the barrel, and isn't the one to blame. Although they could do with some communication.
    Last edited by 319; 10-16-2012 at 08:39 PM.

thomae
    Quote Originally Posted by 319 View Post
    Wow, I am glad your opinion is the only one that matters! HA!

He called McGowen and got piss poor customer service, and the guy called him a liar. If they were a decent company they would apologize and offer him a free barrel of his choice.
    I will admit that perhaps the CSR could ( and likely should) have been more polite, but remember, we only have one side of the story. I call no one a liar, but we have allegations on one hand and no chance for rebuttal on the other. (I am not trying to start a flame war, so let's all stay calm.)

As for the rest of the above statement,
    I respectfully and calmly choose to disagree.
    1. Legally, the OP did not have a "customer" relationship with McGowen.

2. The OP's contract was between the OP and Savage Barrels. Both parties to that contract have a legal obligation to fulfill the terms as best they can.

3. McGowen does not have an obligation to the OP. McGowen has an obligation to fulfill the terms of their contract with Savage Barrels. Without a court order, they probably have no requirement to disclose the details of that contract, to include shipping requests, dates, etc. to a third party.

4. FWIW, were someone to call me and start asking about my business relationship or contract with a third party, I would gently, but firmly and politely, refuse to answer their questions and with a kind voice and a smile, suggest to them that, without a supbpoena, it is none of their business.

Sorry you did not like the short version. Now that any useful discussion is over...

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.