Thread: Will Axis/Edge mags function in my .308, 10 FLCP-K?

bailagent100

Will Axis/Edge mags function in my .308, 10 FLCP-K?

The RatMag maker & I are miscommunicating a bit. The extra factory mag I ordered for the FLCP-K is not going to work as reliably as he and I would like, apparently.

He advises the Axis/Edge mags function flawlessly but my rifle is not either of those models. So...as the title indicates, are these mags, in their original configuration, compatible in my recently purchased, NIB rifle?

This is my first Savage and my first l.r. precision rifle that I'm setting up. Hoping to not have to purchase another outfit's complete bottom metal & AI mags but will if I must.

Thanks for the advice guys.

bailagent100

82boy
    The Axis mag, uses the same magazine box as all savage centerfeed actions. The Axis uses a plastic cap, to secure it to the action, and will only interchange on this years models, prior to this Savage used a nice bottom metal assembly, that used a metal cap. So in short depending on what year the action you get is made will determin if it will work, On the part of a Axis set up being better than the old metal savage set up, i would have to disagree.

Team Savage
    If your current rifles DBM release latch is located in the front of the metal frame, and the bottom cap is also metal, then the new Savage/Axis composite DBM will not work in that frame. The release for the Axis and several of the newer Savage models is a plastic tab on the front of the plastic bottom cap. The standard metal box and following is still used in all centerfeed models. But you would need to purchase the plastic frame now being used on the Axis and several of the new Savage models to switch to use the plastic bottom cap with tab release. The new plastic DBM frame and bottom cap will fit the stock cutout used on the older Savage centerfeed models. Likewise, the metal frame and DBM can be used to replace the plastic DBM assembly if you prefer metal. The metal frame and DBM weights approximately 12 oz and the newer plastic frame and DBM weights 3 oz. I doubt the plastic DBM assembly is more durable than the metal, but it is lighter by 9oz and cheaper for Savage to produce.

Basic Member
    What we are dealing with is, the standard factory magazine that comes with your rifle, has an aluminum floor plate. I can't stretch the aluminum to work for what you are wanting to accomplish. The Savage Axis/Edge magazine utilizes a polymer floor plate, and can be modified to work as a magazine band.

All of my magazine conversions for the centerfeed rifles, utilize the Savage Axis/Edge magazine, regardless if the host rifle is an Axis/Edge or not.

DK
    [B]Savage - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ[/B]

Basic Member
    I assure you, the magazine conversion will work with your rifle, provided that I have the Savage Axis/Edge magazine to build from. The only difference is, I will be removing the front locking tab from the Axis/Edge magazine to work with your standard magazine release lever.

DK
    [B]Savage - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ[/B]

bailagent100
    DK...thanks again, for the assurances. I believe you! Still hoping to find an Axis/Edge mag to send to you for conversion, soon.

Bailagent100