Thread: Manners stock questions

Basic Member

Manners stock questions

Hello everyone,
    I am looking at a t5a la savage stock that is inletted for a staggered feed blind mag action. I have a long action centerfeed action blind mag. I was wondering if this stock can be converted to fit my centerfeed action and if so what will it take? I tried googling it but couldnt find anything.

Thanks!
    Chance

Long actions are the same spacing, so it should work just fine.

If the stock is inletted for a DBM system you should be good to go; if you plan on running a blind magazine you will need to inlet the rear pillar area on the staggerfeed stock for the centerfeed magazine "L-clip" and possibly do some work to fit the centerfeed magazine into the staggerfeed mag well.

I'd suggest you call Manners and talk to Matt; if he doesn't know, Branden might (he's a Savage guy) and failing that, Tom will definitely be able to fix you up.

Basic Member
    I have talked to tom and matt. Matt said it wouldnt work. Tom thought it would be alil inletting in the mag well and mayne the rear pillar height. On a staggered feed is there anything between the rear pillar and the action?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtking
    On a staggered feed is there anything between the rear pillar and the action?
    Nope.

Folks on this board have put centerfeed LAs into staggerfeed Duramaxx stocks for a few years now, and if it can be done on that you shouldn't have any issues doing it on a Manners. Of course with a $700+ stock I understand the apprehension!

IMO, run a CDI DBM setup and your centerfeed long action will never know the difference between a centerfeed and staggerfeed stock.

Basic Member
    Ok so basically it is just inletting the slot for my mag keeper? I would run a cdi but the rifle is a 338 edge and wont fit in any mag at the length im loading them at.

Thanks

If your loads don't fit the mags anyway why not run a single shot adapter and then it won't matter. Or instead of the "L" clip bed the mag in place with epoxy putty(use a release agent) getting a nice tight fit and again it won't matter.There are a couple of ways to do it,I've done it three times now and none of them took longer than 30 minutes.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member
    Well it sounds like i can make it work! Thanks for everyones help!!

Basic Member
    Why not just get the stock inletted for a detachable magazine. You could then get factory bottom metal and a magazine. Or better yet, send it to CDI precision and they will inlet the stock for you, put in their bottom metal, two Accuracy international magazines and you will have your rifle back in less than two weeks for a little over 400 bucks.

Basic Member
    Hey jsthntn247,
    I would do that but at this time it is set up for a 338 edge and they wont fit a mag. Just going to run it as a single shot

Thanks
    Chance