Thread: Prairie dog hunt with 22-250 and new stock. GRAPHIC

Basic Member

Prairie dog hunt with 22-250 and new stock. GRAPHIC

I let my son's friend use the rifle at a p-dog hunt, but I had to try the rifle first. With 4 dog on a mound at 321 yards out my first shot was low and 2 mil dots up the next 3

My son's friend shot 150 rounds thru the rifle at dogs 100 to 200 yards with a one shot best at 650 yards. The stock made the axis a joy to shoot, but needs a varmint or magnum contour barrel.

Frank in Fla.
    about the yuk-a-puk. With the old stock the rifle would only shot a 2 1/2 inch groups with my bull barrel favorite Nosler load. With the new stock and the yuk-a-puk 1 inch up from the end of the stock it shot a quarter size 5 shot groups at 100 yards. This was not the best group, it was with 36.2 gr. of 748 and a 55 gr. V-max.

RSG

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I think I mentioned a few weeks back I ran into a guy at the range after we spoke of it. He was shooting 2"+ with factory ammo at 100yds. He started to move the yukapuk about 3/4th inch toward the muzzle and after the third move this guy was down to UNDER 1" with Rem core-lokt. I think he had a .270 if I remember.

I was amazed at the difference that little rubber thingie made.

And here I spend $5000 a month trying to develop consistant, accurate ammo. Heck.... for $9.95 I could put 'em downrange in the same hole with that thing!..... Maybe.

Lots of luck with it. If it works, go with it. Best part is you don't have to embarass yourself scavenging in buckets at the range for brass!

Frank in Fla - without a yukapuk for his rifle....
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Xaved
    Looks good! Did you make that stock yourself? I'm looking for a stock for my axis in .223...

Basic Member
    I started this about two month ago as a 23 dollar 30 x60 x ¾ thk sheet of Baltic birch. If you are going to make a stock I will be happy to help with any questions. I have some thread on my stock but the ones from bobfortier are the ones to see.

Basic Member
    wait a minute... are you guys saying that those rubber things do make a differance...
    Forgive My Sins.... Jesus .... Save My Soul

Basic Member
    I laughed too, but it did not give me a one hole group. I tested to get the best group with a 55 gr V-max with out the rubber. That a pain to remove and move. I added it back to barrel and it did not change me V-max group. ? I move the Yuk-a-puk around and it made the group over 1 inch. I think if you workup a group for your rifle with out the rubber is the best way to go. The change in the nosler group I would count on all the time.

RSG