I want to go with a one piece base on my 110 build but not sure on which base. I suppose the deciding factor is distance I will be shooting- could be anything.
My old school teachings were always about holdover, and rarely about doping the scope. I have used the BDC adjustments on one ols scope I have that you could change yardage rings on the elevation and just dial in the yardage and hold dead on- and it worked awesome. Since I'm interested in doing some bench shooting, yardages will be say, 100-600, maybe 800 with the ranges I've found relatively close to me.
So, is a 20MOA base really needed? (6.5X47Lap) Is there a general range of a 1" scope where it is practical to use a flat base vs a 20MOA?
for a new guy I am able to pick up on a lot of the technical info here, a lot of it is terminology where things are called something different and I don't remember a lot of things, but I struggle with some of the basics that most assume you already know. Plus, shooting and the equipment has changed a lot from when I was more into it 20 years ago. For example, I still don't know what a F/TR gun is :) but the sun still comes up so I guess I'll be ok.