Thread: lets see some pics

lets see some pics

i am wanting to do a build on an axis even though there are only a handful of aftermarket parts for them. so i would like to see if any of you have done rebarrel jobs or how far you have gone with customizing your axis. just to help me decide what i might like to do to mine....... Thinking of a axis with a 20 inch tube chambered in 338 federal in schillen 0 taper. should be able to have one of the lightest rifles in camp.

Give me a month - maybe two and mine should be ready to show off. I know Bob has a few to show off, as does Frank and a few others here.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

interesting little riffles but i would want to change the way the recoil lug is done from factory.

vdub1968

$30 Doller Savage XP

Here is my $30 Doller Savage Edge XP it came with a scope and ammo. I traded a BX-25 mag for it. He shot it 4 times lol. Sorry mine is all stock.

Last edited by vdub1968; 02-27-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Team Savage
    look down about 13 post an you can see mine

drybean

bobfortier
    Here is my two Axis. Black barrel started life as a 30-06, I installed a Savage 10 (don't have the exact model number) 308 heavy barrel. Stainless barrel is a 223 with a model 12 barrel. 223 shoot great, 308 is yet to be tested. All 3 stocks were made by me, all 3 are pillar bedded with Devcon, I have the same EGW 20 moa base on the 2 actions, so switching scopes is easy.

lockwoodjohn
    Nice job on the stocks. Bet they are all tack drivers!!

Lockwoodjohn

Basic Member
    Still working on mine, It`s a .223. So far, I`ve shortened the barrel to 19 1/4 inches, added a bolt Knob, lightened the trigger pull and now I`m working on a new stock

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfortier View Post
    Here is my two Axis. Black barrel started life as a 30-06, I installed a Savage 10 (don't have the exact model number) 308 heavy barrel. Stainless barrel is a 223 with a model 12 barrel. 223 shoot great, 308 is yet to be tested. All 3 stocks were made by me, all 3 are pillar bedded with Devcon, I have the same EGW 20 moa base on the 2 actions, so switching scopes is easy.

Are you using the factory magazine in any of those stocks? BTW, Beautiful work

Basic Member
    Here my two, I need to get the tools to replace the barrels. One in 22-250 and one in 308.

RSG

82boy
    Ever seen a dual port Axis?

rsg where did the stocks come from?

Basic Member
    Here are a few pics of my Axis stock build, Home built duplicator, I can send pics if anyone wants.

rattfink
    Very cool Gerard! You would think someone would take notice the pains people go through to get a nicely stocked Axis....

Cypher
    Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    Here my two, I need to get the tools to replace the barrels. One in 22-250 and one in 308.

RSG
    Seriously where did you get those stocks?

16. 03-04-2013, 09:20 PM
    Reason
    Rule Violation - Sales solicitation outside the classified boards.

Basic Member
    Gerard, that is a beautiful stock! I would love to know the process you took... What kind of wood and how you got that cool wave grain effect. I think you could sell those. Weather it is worth your time is another story.

Basic Member
    This is my first attempt to make a rifle stock. Stock is made from Russian birch plywood,that`s where the layers of grain come from. Slow going but the duplicator helped a lot for the inletting.The duplicator is easier to build than the stock. If anyone here wants pics of how the duplicator is set up,you are more than welcome. IT would be really easy for anyone into woodworking to build it. the outside of the stock can also be shaped with the duplicator but I didn`t use it because I made mine a different shape than the axis

plutonium
    good job boss

Basic Member
    Here are a few more pics of stock build

Last edited by gerard488; 03-10-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Too many pics by mistake

Amazing work on that stock Gerard.

plutonium

did i see n-scale train set

Quote Originally Posted by gerard488 View Post
    This is my first attempt to make a rifle stock. Stock is made from Russian birch plywood,that`s where the layers of grain come from. Slow going but the duplicator helped a lot for the inletting.The duplicator is easier to build than the stock. If anyone here wants pics of how the duplicator is set up,you are more than welcome. IT would be really easy for anyone into woodworking to build it. the outside of the stock can also be shaped with the duplicator but I didn`t use it because I made mine a different shape than the axis
    ok dude,,, was that a n-scale train set... i used to play with those too ..had it set up on half a pingpong table.... over 30 years ago... have you tried or used the trainz computer train layout ,,,,hours and hours of fun setting up industruies and laying track and building scenery by computer...also running over 20 trains on miles of track ...

Basic Member
    Cool thread.... I would like to see more stock options for the Axis as well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    ok dude,,, was that a n-scale train set... i used to play with those too ..had it set up on half a pingpong table.... over 30 years ago... have you tried or used the trainz computer train layout ,,,,hours and hours of fun setting up industruies and laying track and building scenery by computer...also running over 20 trains on miles of track ...
    Yep, It`s an N scale layout, lighted buildings and street lights, all led lights. Now that it`s finished, a lot of the fun is gone.

plutonium
    you are right .. you did a great job on layout from what i can see... have you tried the trainz software for the computer layout..????. hours and hours of fun build as many high scenery layouts with miles and miles of track ....one layout i built took 2 hours for a train 2 make a round trip ....and the software is so cheap .... you can see it on youtube oh i forgot boss you can drive these trains with the real controls that are in real trains trainz 12 the working parameters are very close to the real trains http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XelHX9tAzKE let me know what you think boss
    Last edited by plutonium; 03-17-2013 at 02:49 PM.