Thread: Savage 6BR Benchrest ?

okbob51

Savage 6BR Benchrest ?

Any new range reports on the 6BR Savage in the F-Class or the Benchrest rifles with the 8 twist? I'm still considering one for fun and local competition but I haven't read enough reviews to persuade me.

daddyhoney

Re: Savage 6BR Benchrest ?

Check out the 6mm Benchrest forum. Good things said there about that weapon.

82boy

I did a review of the rifle when it first came out, it is located in the articles section of this site. (You have to be a paid member to access the articles section.)

My thoughts on the rifle's are this, I dont like the F-class the rear of the stock needs some work for it to fit properly into bags. (Protektor does make a custom bag for this.) The 12 benchrest is a nice rifle, but at the cost ($1000.00 + or - a few bucks )you would be able to build a custom rifle.

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by daddyhoney
    Check out the 6mm Benchrest forum. Good things said there about that weapon.
    If you could locate that article I would love to read it, and compair thoughts. I spent 20 minutes on that site and could not find a thing over there.

daddyhoney

Must have been the Jack and Coke that made me think it was on that other forum. I looked again and dang my hide I can't find it there either. In all likely hood my pea brain is thinking of something you wrote here. My bad, sorry you were miss directed. Gary

okbob51

I also posted the same question on another board. I got several very positive responses from people who either own one or have experience reloading for several Savage 6 BR's. One guy was amazed at the out of box accuracy of the Savages. Another guy sent me his pet load for the rifle. Sweet. ;D
    Bob