Thread: SSS comp trigger

daddyhoney

SSS comp trigger

Picked up a Stevens 22-250 in a trade that shoots great but as you may suspect the trigger is unsuitable.
    I have read good things here about the SSS competition trigger for the Savage and suspect that it also drops right into the Stevens 200 SA. Is that correct? Thanks for your help,Gary

82boy

Re: SSS comp trigger

Yes you are correct.

Dinosdeuce

I had to remove a little bit of material on the back of the trigger housing to fit on my 200 action. It was only about .008"
    YMMV

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosdeuce
    I had to remove a little bit of material on the back of the trigger housing to fit on my 200 action. It was only about .008"
    YMMV
    +1

You will have to do some minor filing.

Dolomite

Basic Member

The filing of the tabs on the back of the trigger is what makes the trigger fit your action exactly.

Your stock may need to be relieved a little around the trigger opening also.
    Frank

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

daddyhoney

Ok, I got the comp trigger and have tried to follow the instructions the best I could. I am having trouble getting the safety to work. It slides freely when not cocked but only occasionally moves with great effort when cocked and still will not prevent firing. Moving the safety adjustment screw seems to make no difference.
    Also the bolt stop does not work but there is a fix noted in the instructions. If ya have any other in up
    please advise. Thanks for the help, Gary

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by daddyhoney
    Ok, I got the comp trigger and have tried to follow the instructions the best I could. I am having trouble getting the safety to work. It slides freely when not cocked but only occasionally moves with great effort when cocked and still will not prevent firing. Moving the safety adjustment screw seems to make no difference.
    Also the bolt stop does not work but there is a fix noted in the instructions. If ya have any other in up
    please advise. Thanks for the help, Gary
    Where are you located? If you are close maybe we can meet and I can help you out.

Other than that you might have to start over and follow the directions to a "T". I know from setting up mine you can't skip one step and go on to the next. If you are still having problems SSS might be able to help you out over the phone. If not I/M me in a few days and I''l give you my number and maybe we can figure itout together.

Dolomite

Yep, I'd back the screws out and start over, following the steps to a "T", and in order. Once you get it all set make sure to dab some med. strength locktite on the screws to keep them from backing out.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

daddyhoney

Dolomite, I am in Baytown Texas.
    Thanks to all for the feed back. I will strip it down tomorrow and give it another go. I am determined from the posts of others here that I can do this. The rifle shoots great but the replacement trigger should make a great difference. Any more help is appreciated. Thanks,Gary

daddyhoney

Took it apart and put it back together with care and the things works great. Thanks SSS for a good product and to forum members for your support. Gary