O.K. after many ,many trips to the range trying to get my 250sav to be my dedicated BR @ 100 gun I finally found the load and seating depth to produce .244-.248 five shot groups.
The load was 33.5 gr. of IMR 4895 pushing a 120gr sgk @ just shy of 2600fps out of my 18" douglas barreled Stevens action mounted in a Stocky's LRV with pillars.( pics. somewhere in picture thread)
Now the Problem, after those groups were shot I brought the gun home gave it a light cleaning(hoppes#9 soaked for 30 minutes then 4 dry patches),now it shoots like a shotgun.Same load same bullet same seated depth(3.062@ ogive). After 50 rounds(should be fouled by now) I can not put 2 consecutive shots with in a half inch of each other ???.The only difference is a different lot of bullets everything else the same.
By the way those groups were shot on different days at 2 different ranges same distance, once off concrete benches once off wood.I was going to use this on Saterday for 100 yard match now I have to use something else, never fails when you think you have it figured out something else pops up.
What say all you accurate BR shooters using a Savage?