I have an oppurtunity to go deer hunting in Idaho next year. I have had a 110 30-06 with synthetic stock I bought new around 18 years ago. Not really needing a rifle that large here in NC I have always used my 30/30. Since I'm going to Idaho I have decided to bring it out of retirement and get it ready.
I'm looking for some advise as to the best things to do with it. I would like to set it up to reach out to 500 yds. The scope won't be an issue. The rifle is stock synthetic with 20" barrel. I plan to bed the stock after I decide if i want a 24" barrel. Hopefully someone can shed some light if I should get a 24. I just picked up a bipod for it and drilled the stock for another lug.
If I change the barrel then I will replace the recoil lug. Not sure if I want to get a muzzle brake. I have an area where I will be able to practice out to 500 and zero at 200.
When I get home saturday i'm gonna become a paid member and see whats in the classified section. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.