Today I received the secondhand LA McMillan A5 I bought recently from CDI after Jeff inletted it for his LA/308 mag DBM, and after a little dremel work to widen the recoil lug inlet and shorten the front action screw, I screwed a 22" sporter barrel into the action and snugged everything up.

I've had the Manners T2 for about 6 months on a 4.4" 10FP action and probably have 150 rounds downrange with it.

Initial thoughts are that the two stocks are VERY similar. The McMillan's grip is a bit shorter than the Manners, and the palm swell is a bit smaller also; the rear of the stock is also shaped slightly different (as pictured). Obviously the A5 has the butthook vs. standard butt on the T2. This particular A5 came with the thumbwheel adjustable cheekpiece and spacer system so weight obviously is heavier than the T2, but with the 22" sporter barrel the stick balances VERY nicely (of course, without mount or optic). The 26" varmint contour in the T2 felt damn front-heavy by comparison. I see shorter barrels in my future...

I found the A5 to be comfortable, but then again I'm familiar with the T2 and find it to be very comfortable as well. Really six of one, half a dozen of another in my very limited experience.

Unrelated to the stocks but worthy of note, if one runs the CDI LA/308 DBM you can utilize the extended bolt baffle from 204/223 short actions; with this baffle in place the bolt throw is just 1/4" longer than the 10FP pictured.

If anybody is around the Louisville, KY area and interested in either of these stocks, I'd be happy to let you compare & contrast them.