Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brux Blues

Basic Member

Brux Blues

Man i ordered a Brux 280 remington, savage varmit contour barrel with the interupted fluting from a smith in Jan.Well i call him last week and check on it and guess what he said he had to order a new blank because he messed up and ordered a 270. ???Now i have to wait 8 more weeks....Man that sucks....

nsaqam

Re: Brux Blues

That does suck.

Next time you'll order it yourself I bet.

Basic Member

Yes i will but i cannot do the smith work myself .

thomae

At least he was honest enough to let you know that he made a mistake.
    That gives him the "personal integrity" grade in my book.

Basic Member

But HE should have called me to give me a update.Not me waiting 4 months.And now have to wait 6-8 more weeks.I know everyone makes mistakes im ok with that but call me and let me know something is all i ask.

Toyguy

Quote Originally Posted by parkj5
    Man i ordered a Brux 280 remington, savage varmit contour barrel with the interupted fluting from a smith in Jan.Well i call him last week and check on it and guess what he said he had to order a new blank because he messed up and ordered a 270. ???Now i have to wait 8 more weeks....Man that sucks....
    Sounds very similar to my situation. Are there others with a story about a smith like this one. Maybe there is a pattern here?

Basic Member

I would like to know the answer to that question myself thanks for asking toyguy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguy

Sounds very similar to my situation. Are there others with a story about a smith like this one. Maybe there is a pattern here?
    A vast widespread gunsmithing conspiracy?

Barrel maker's stimulus package?
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguy

A vast widespread gunsmithing conspiracy?

Barrel maker's stimulus package?
    Funny but you are not out over 500 bucks we are.

thomae

But HE should have called me to give me a update.Not me waiting 4 months.And now have to wait 6-8 more weeks.I know everyone makes mistakes im ok with that but call me and let me know something is all i ask.
    Yup, I'm with you on the point you are making. He was honest, but he could have and should have let you know proactively.
    I am a big believer in letting others know what is going wrong. Not to whine and complain, but to share information.
    As I learned early on, (wait for it, now...)
    "Bad news does not get better with age."

nuclabuyer

www.bugholes.com has some 7mm Brux barrels in stock. Order it from there to the smiths address and tell him it will be there in a couple days and hopefully he will jump you back into line and you can have it quick.

Basic Member

So you suggest i spend 500 bucks again??????????I have already paid him for the barrel.

I'm sorry you are out $500.

But, my comment was directed at Toyguy, who was implying that there is some sinister plot amonst the gunsmith trade to keep your barrels from you. He is the funny one.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Toyguy

[quote=geargrinder ]

I'm sorry you are out $500.

But, my comment was directed at Toyguy, who was implying that there is some sinister plot amonst the gunsmith trade to keep your barrels from you. He is the funny one.
    [/quote

So geargrinder you think me waiting 8 months and out over $580 is funny, what is funny is parkj5 and I have the same gunsmith.

How would I know that you are using the same gunsmith. ???

I made a comment base on the information given, nothing else. It sounded like you were sitting at your keyboard wearing a tinfoil hat listening for the black helicopters.

Again, I never said or even meant to imply that I was happy about anyone being out any money.

nsaqam

You guys need to find a new gunsmith!!!
    There are a ton of great 'smiths out there and your present one sucks rocks!

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder
    How would I know that you are using the same gunsmith. ???

I made a comment base on the information given, nothing else. It sounded like you were sitting at your keyboard wearing a tinfoil hat listening for the black helicopters.

Again, I never said or even meant to imply that I was happy about anyone being out any money.

It is OK lets move on and see if anyone else has had this issues in the past.

LabRat2k3

Let me see if I'm following you guys here. The smith is making you pay for both barrels, the one he ordered wrong and then the new one? If he ordered the wrong thing the replacement should be on his dime not yours, you already paid for the barrel you want. What happens to the wrong barrels? Do you end up with both or is he building up a stock of wrong" barrels that you guys are paying for?

Basic Member

No he is not charging me for the wrong barrel sorry if that got messed up.I ordered a Brux barrel from him on Jan. the 2nd.It was posed to be in in 6 weeks.I called him last week and he stated that he ordered the wrong barrel (I wanted 280 rem. he ordered 270)Im not trying to bash the man i just thought the right thing to do would be to call me.Its called Professional courtesy .I will wait 6 more weeks and hopefully it will be in If not he will be giving me a refund...

No he is not charging me for the wrong barrel sorry if that got messed up.I ordered a Brux barrel from him on Jan. the 2nd.It was posed to be in in 6 weeks.I called him last week and he stated that he ordered the wrong barrel (I wanted 280 rem. he ordered 270)Im not trying to bash the man i just thought the right thing to do would be to call me.Its called Professional courtesy .I will wait 6 more weeks and hopefully it will be in If not he will be giving me a refund...
    Yep, he should have called you roughly 8 weeks ago then and if it is taking 6-8 weeks to get barrels in then he should have already had the new replacement in. Unless he just let your project sit until you called about it.

I'd be looking for a new 'smith. Yep, things happen but I have ran into too many palces where people have paid for work and it gets started then sits for a year.
    More shooting, less typing.

LabRat2k3

Ok. So no one is out $500 you are just out your time, which is aggravating. You would only be out the money if you didn't get anything in return for it. It is odd that this smith seems to have such a hard time getting the right barrel ordered. If he has that much of a problem paying attention to detail I would take my business elsewhere. I agree that he should have called you to let you know about the delay.

calling4life

My smiths, yes plural, will not allow me to pay them up front, will not.

Just got my rifle back yesterday, turned out he got a part for cheaper, so I got a part for cheaper, had I paid up front, that could have easily been lost in translation.

Definitely sounds like time to get your $$ back, order from bugholes & get things done in a timely fashion.

livnpaintball2

Just think, when you do get the barrel you will be rewarded with a easy to clean barrel that will shoot one hole. At least my 6mmBR Brux will do that.

Basic Member

I sure hope so..

larrys1911

Ive got a gunsmith story, there is a 1911 "SMITH" in Arkansas that completely DESTROYED a 9mm 1911 for me a few years ago.
    whole story is over on 1911forum. No its not Wilson but he is known in the IDPA and IPSC circles.

he never made it right and has no intentions to.

consider yourself lucky that you are out "time" I have a $1500 PAPERWEIGHT

Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast