Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Richards Microfit Stock

ihfan75

I'll check that out, gonna use whatever brings out the "100% figure" best. I reshape and finish the stocks on most factory guns that I buy, as production oriented finishes dont seem to be my thing.

ihfan75
    what is "tung"?

Team Savage
    there is pic on page 3 in axis section that i finished with tung oil
    drybean

drphilwv
    Ran across this thread while contemplating the purchase of a blind mag 110 for a 35 whelen project and couldn't help adding in my $.02
    I have bought unfinished stocks from Fajen (pre-reorganization), Great American Gunstock Co. (pre and post fire), Boyd's, and Richards Microfit. I have always gone back to Richard's Microfit. Why? Because on the whole they leave more wood there for you to remove. Yep, much rougher than Boyds but I never had too large a gap on the floorplate area where Boyd's often has this. I've never had the holes drilled incorrectly, though I have heard this from more than one person. Best was Fajen, but they are gone now. Great American made my favorite stock ever (an Oberndorf Classic) but much, much, much rougher than Richards. For an ordered stock (not from the bargain bin) expect 4 mo or more. My last one was a black widow laminate for a 450 Bushmaster project on an Argie 91 action. There are still some tooling marks but the fitting went well because there was plenty of wood there. I wanted to hear how the blind mag stocks worked since I never had to work one yet. I suppose I will get one from the bargain bin for practice and to check it out. If you want a drop in, go Boyd's every time. If you want something a little different and have the patience to deal with RMF, I'd use them YMMV as always.

tyler.woodard04
    Ordered a blue thumbhole benchrest un inletted from them. Delivery was right on and the quality of the wood is great no voids at all. We built and aluminum bedding block and glued that in after inletting it. Then i chopped off the rear section and shapped the grip. Oh yeah rear grip striker. Then alot of sanding. One coat of automotive clear so far. Sanded it today ready for another coat soon. Really brings the color out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123