Thread: CDI bottom metal fit in Accustock question

ODA 0121

CDI bottom metal fit in Accustock question

I've been looking at BDM's for the one Savage I have (10 FLCP-K) in order to be able to use the same magazines of my other rifles.

Has anyone here put a CDI into an Accustock...my question is how is the fit? Is it flush? I've seen photos of it in different stocks and it looks overly recessed.

I'm borderline on putting the action into a XLR or some other stock simply because I don't utilize the Savage that much.

stangfish
    You are planning on putting a rifle into a 800 dollar stock because you don't use it. HMMM. I am confused. You don't use the rifle because you can't put ten rounds in the magazine? Have you looked into the magazine SSS provides. Double stack short 10rounder that fits in the stock bottom metal. You can get an extended release from egw I think.

ODA 0121
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    You are planning on putting a rifle into a 800 dollar stock because you don't use it. HMMM. I am confused. You don't use the rifle because you can't put ten rounds in the magazine? Have you looked into the magazine SSS provides. Double stack short 10rounder that fits in the stock bottom metal. You can get an extended release from egw I think.
    The question was "Has anyone here put a CDI into an Accustock...my question is how is the fit? Is it flush? I've seen photos of it in different stocks and it looks overly recessed."
    Don't be confused, but if you haven't put or have a CDI into an Accustock why bother answering with your own questions.

Whether it will be recessed or not is determined by the exterior size/shape of the stock it's going into. Some are thicker in the belly section, some are thinner. The bottom metal has to be a fixed distance from the bottom of the action, thus why the depth will vary from stock to stock. I'm not aware of anyone who's had an Accustock inlet to accept the CDI bottom metal - or even if it would be possible to do, so your best bet would be to just call CDI directly and ask them as they'd be the ones to know.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by ODA 0121 View Post
    The question was "Has anyone here put a CDI into an Accustock...my question is how is the fit? Is it flush? I've seen photos of it in different stocks and it looks overly recessed."
    Don't be confused, but if you haven't put or have a CDI into an Accustock why bother answering with your own questions.

My bad.
    Last edited by stangfish; 01-21-2013 at 08:19 PM.