Thread: Loving my Savage!

Loving my Savage!

Well, I have been out and about with my model 16 22-250...

It's been really accurate so far with just about every type of ammo I have fed it.

Must say though, that I think it likes the 55 grainers the best but it shoots the white box Winchester 45 grain super explosive stuff nice too!

We have been mainly shooting Wild Turkeys and Feral Goats and none of them have moved too far once they have been hit.

Really explosive results on head shots that leave the animal well and truly "Put down"...we also used it to evaporate some small birds... WOW... man... looked like they swallowed TNT! Big "Puff" and they were gooooone!!!

I have a new stock on order as the Huge Choate is too fat for my hands... I'm having a Boyds Feather Weight pillared and bedded whilst the Varmint Barrel is installed..also checked the Stockade web site and spied some nice looking stocks on there.. anyone have the Prairie dog? How thick is the Palm/Grip compared to the Choate?

I also just bought some bottom metal and mag for smoother feeding and easier Mag use so it should make for a more user friendly rifle as at the moment it's a big slug!!
    Last edited by SlimySquirrel; 12-03-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Basic Member
    Nice! Is that the CDI bottom metal? How does it feed? I'm assuming there 308 mags.

I love my Choate stocks myself I'm thinking about getting one for my 22-250.

If you can handle the Palm Swell then they rock for sure... mine is steady but really need to be able to grip it so the Boyds was cheaper than finger extensions...
    Not sure what Brand the Bottom metal is... Made in Australia is all I know but I really wanted the extra mag capacity plus it should feed smoother hopefully..will let you all know as the feeding is my only Issue with the short action stuff...both of My Savages .223 and 22-250 sometimes stove pipe the round and cause Fail to Feed issues.... annoying when you are trying to reload because you can't shoot straight the first time....