I purchased Savage model 10 FCM Scout in 7.62x39 last year and wanted to update everyone and provide a short review. Bottom line: I like it.

I am shooting 150 grain CT Partition golds at about 2300 FPS which allows me to maintain 1000 foot pounds of energy out to about 225 - 250 yards. Plenty of range for PA whitetail conditions.

I played with the trigger and have it down to about 2.5 pounds right now. Light, but not too light for hunting.
The accustock it came with was fine for hunting. It works well and is weather resistant, so hunting in the rain did not worry me. I did add a second sling swivel mount because the internal aluminum channel of the accustock was already drilled and threaded for it. All I had to do was to drill through the plastic and screw in the machine screw of the sling swivel mount.

The factory rear sight is simply a Williams aperture sight with no insert. I purchased an adjustable aperture for the rear peep sight. It helps with varying light conditions. I shot a small doe at about 80 yards this past hunting season. No trophy, but really good eating; tender and not gamey at all.

After hunting season, I replaced the front sight with a Williams "fire sight;" same height, but red fiber optic. It should help with the dusk and dawn light conditions. I had tried painting the original brass bead white, and although that helped a bit, the firesight seems to help more. I also purchased a hood for the sight so I don't break it by banging against a tree or big branch in the woods.

Although I did load development with a low power LER scope, I took the scope off to hunt with and can still shoot about a 4-6" group off the bench at 200 yards with the iron sights.

I also slugged the bore (used a 32 wadcutter [314" diameter] as the slug), and confirmed, as I thought, that it is a 308" bore, not a .311".

That's all I can think of right now. Questions? Ask and I'll try to answer.